Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New kid in town

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody

I'm Tessa. I just turned 29 two weeks ago. I had an ALIF, L5-S1, on April 2, 2009, and am going to be having PLIF, on June 18, 2009. I have/had spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis. Not sure if they were caused by a specific injury or if they are congenital/gradual onset conditions.

Just a little about me, I'm single, no kids but I do have 2 cats, Mickey and Lucy, and 2 yorkie-poo dogs, Comet and Starr. My work is not physically demanding but it is mentally demanding. I work in customer service for the BCBS plan in my state.

I'm going to pop in out here to check out things and may have some questions or comments also. I look forward to visiting with all of you!

• Nice to meet you Tessa! I am 51, an empty nester, 2 cats, live in Maine, and had C5/6 and L4/5 fusions last year. I had spondylolisthesis L4 over 5 and hence the fusion. It was a very painful time! Still have some problems but better than I was beforehand. Oh, I also have 2 kitties - Chloe and Allie.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad another animal lover stopped by!! =D> i have a pit/boxer i just love so much!! :X i love your happy spirit!! :D please drop by anytime!! good luck on your next procedure. :D i hope you have a healthy recovery!! take care and keep us informed! =D> Jenny :)
  • Hi Tessa,

Welcome to the site.If you would like to talk to like minded people there's a great chatroom on this site.

I found this site recently after putting up with chronic back pain and various treatments.

The people are really friendly and knowledgeable.
  • Hello Tessa -

And welcome to the Spine-Health forum! There's alot of great people here that are more than willing to share their experiences and offer advice...you've made a great choice in coming aboard!

I too had an L5/S1 fusion back in 1991 (when I was 28) and it's held-up really very well for the past 18 years. However, I now have what's called "Post Lumbar Laminectomy Syndrome" (sometimes just called "failed back syndrome")...and both scar tissue and bone spurs are doing a number on me, causing alot of pain, stiffness and disability.

So, welcome once again and browse about through the different forum areas...there's alot in which this site can do to educate and enlighten you, it's really been a great help to me over the past few months!

Best wishes to you!