Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dancing and Music

winkiewwinkie Posts: 174
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Depression and Coping
Last night I went to a friends 50th party. Worried about access being in a wheelchair, especially bathroom issues etc.The meal went well, then the music started-how I loved to dance, felt a bit down, then my friend came over and next thing I'm on the dance floor (helped by my meds and a slurp of wine). They whirled and twirled me in my chair- I waved my arms and felt amazing. The music and my friends gave me a gift I thought was lost to me-it was magic. Others got up and danced with us-truly I was transported to a place that was me before my accident.What a lesson to learn-never limit yourself. Music is now going to become an aid for me-take me to places in my mind where physical limitations don't matter.
Thank you for letting me share my story, perhaps others may find a way to let music ease their issues even for a while.
Hugs n' Loves- Paula

• i am so happy for you! :D you have been handed a wonderful tool to take up some of the time pain takes away from us. i love to put on the radio and lay in bed and just sway away!! :D i follow the music and forget all about being in pain.. :D i hope you find the same delight in music as i have!! :X you are off to a great start!! :D day or night you can always access music!! Jenny :)
  • Keeps me going...;>)
  • Thank you for sharing. I had such a wonderful vision in my mind while reading your story...I travelled with you for a moment.

I'm so happy that you've found a place to be where you find peace and happiness, and realize you can visit there any time you'd like.

The next time I'm dancing and I see someone in a wheelchair, I just might ask them if they'd like to dance with me.

• Jim actually started this whole thing when he shared his music online-I owe you Jim. Forgot how much music can do. I was really bragging at my dancing prowess, even in a wheelchair, full of pain killers, in that moment I felt beautiful and part of the human race. Realised pain isolates us but this site and the people like PapaRon, Wrambler and so many others, Ming, Chary so many will help us find a way to move forward-I'm full of rambling gratitude today but truly grateful.
    Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • A beautiful story, thanks for sharing with us, and letting us envision your moment of true happiness!!! Peace and love to you!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Even though you could not do the dancing you would love to do, your friends found a way to keep you in the dancing mood!
    That was awesome
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • shake shake shake that booty. hahahahahahahah. its great to have a ball when you can.
  • I used to dance with a wheelchair bound friend in Pasadena Texas, It was great and of all things, there was a shyness about asking this great gal...once the ice was broken ,her life shone through. go ahead and dance, its the others whoer missing out on you!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I started all this???
    btw, I could never dance except the waltz and that lasted only 3 minutes...;>)