Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Pain Medications
Hi guys

Pray that all that reads this feels a little better than on yesterday. :)

I went to see my PM a few weeks ago and had to go off on him X( because the Davorcet he was giving me was not working and him telling me he did not need patients he had enough and he has 5 kids at home to take care of and he did not become a doctor to loose his licens etc etc. This came about because I made the mistake when I first started going to him to tell him I was taking more vicodin 7.5 than I was suppose to. After me going off on him letting him know that a druggie I am not he prescribed me MS contin 15mg twice a day, guess what I still have pain. :''( Is there something else I can take with this. Really think I need to find me another doctor as this makes no sense I want my life back. Its a struggle to go to work. good thing I dont have to be there until noon otherwise I would not have a job and I need my insurance..

I am also taking therapy something called Myopulse and Acuscope Therapy twice a week. This has been going on for 2 weeks now and it makes me hurt like hell. The therapist did say that it would be worse before it got better. Is anyone out there familiar with this or had it done? If so how was your results.

• Hi Speciallady,
    I don't know how long you have been in pain management but yelling at your PM because the medications aren't working, probably is not going to build the kind of relationship that you need to have with your doctor. I can understand being frustrated that the medications aren't working as well as you would like, but pain management is a trial and error thing. What works for one patient may not work at all or not as well for another. Your PM has no idea how a particular medication is going to work for his patient until he tries you on it.
    If a particular medication is not working for you, then you need to contact your doctor and ask him what you should do, instead of taking more medication without his permission. Doing that, will get you thrown out of pain management and black listed with other doctors in the area.
    I don't know what your diagnosis is, but if I were you, I would apologize, and attempt to start over. If the medication is not working, ask him what he would like you to do. In the meantime, try using ice, heat, stretches, adding some tylenol or motrin if he says that it is safe to do so.

As far as the other treatment goes, I am not familiar with it, but I know that most physical therapy tends to cause /create more pain until the muscles get stronger, then it usually subsides.
    Best of luck to you,
  • Thank you for the words of wisdom that day I was in so much pain and I did not feel he had the right to talk to me that way. Have not seen him since that day but my scheduled appointment is for 6-10-09 and I will take your advice and see if we can start all over.

God Bless