Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

can herniated disc's in the neck cause major pain in the shoulders?

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok not only am I in a tail spin with Dr's regarding my lower back my neck and more so my upper back where the shoulder bones are is a 10 plus pain range. This is not the top of the shoulder on the neck area it is upper back. I did have a MRI done on the upper spine and all was good. I have been told that it is a muscle strain years ago it only got worse and this is when I had the MRI only to show nothing. I can't take all this pain every day of my life I am waiting again for a surgon consult with the back and that has been a roller coaster ride with one Dr. telling me one thing like I need surgery this Dr. was a nuro dr not a surgon go to the surgon he says not a surgery candite but a spinal cord stimualtor cand. GO for that appt. and the Dr. says no not a candite for a spinal cord stimualtor. Now I have sent in my films and waiting for a yes or no regarding an appt. I need to call tomorrow to see what is up with that. THe major issue now is my neck and esp. my back of my shoulders can the neck problem be causing this???

• Obviously, I'm not a doctor or even close to it, but my neck issues caused some wicked muscle spasms in my upper back. Maybe that's what you're experiencing? Have you tried muscle relaxers (if you have them, of course)?