Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain still

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had my fusion on May 4th of this year of C5-C7. I have had custom made total jaw replacements and healed quicker than this. The pain is surprisingly still with me. Is this the norm for this surgery? Or am I just giving into the pain? Thanks, Lisalee Namaste

• You're still very early in your recovery and it's a long road. I've pasted a link below - maybe it'll make you feel better to read what people have to say about their spine surgery recovery. You're not alone in wondering how long it takes, but after you read these stories, you'll see that it takes time.

Take care.
  • Well I feel better! Well in the fact that I am not alone. I fell this weekend on our deck and hope I have not undone anything. But somedays I only have to take pain meds every 6 hours and then there are days I have to move it to every four hours. I am tryig my bet to take it down but I see what you are saying. THanks, that was good to read! lisalee Namaste
  • It's normal to want this pain to be gone. But, the more you do, the more you will be in pain. Re-training your muscles takes a long time. I would say that most of my pain from the surgery and the muscle pain afterwards was gone in 3-4 months. But after 2 months was off the strongest pain pills, unless I really overdid something.

Has your neck been hurting more since you fell? Maybe a call to your surgeon might be in order. Better safe than sorry. Have been wondering how you are doing. Take care, and no more falling! :D
  • Yeah a call earlier into this to the doc I was concerned and he said I was doing to much. So I cut way back on my activities. That was about a week and a half ago. I do hurt more since the fall. I landed directly on my butt on the deck and pushed the entire step back under the other deck. My forearm caught a lot of the fall too. They did fix the curve when they did the fusion so I know all this has caused more pain issues. I had both my jaw joints completely replaced and did not have near this much pain. Thanks for your and info. It helps when I know this does not out of the norm. lisalee Namaste