Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

EMG Results after 3 Level Spinal Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So back in Jan. I had a 3 level Spine Fusion. I had the L3 to S1. Since than my back feels awesome, very little pain if any, and I can reach down and tie my shoes and twist and lay on my stomach and arch my back with full extenstion of my arms. Sometimes I may have some pain when i lay down on something soft for longer than 30 mins but I have learned to live with the feeling of no pain in my back, except for minor nusiances. However I had an EMG today and was told that from my L3 to L5 I have pinched nerves. I called my therapist and asked him point blank without giving him any information on my results of the EMG how my prgress has been. He has said that my leg strength has gotten better and stronger. That I am doing things with my legs such as lifting them up and straigthening out a little further. The EMG showed that the L3 to L5 nerve is pinched. They say it can take up to a year since the nerves grow back 1 mm a day. Mind you from my groin to my knee is almost 3 feet. I want to know what I can expect as right now due to this I have been walking with a walker and have since now been on a cane for about a month with a brace. What do they do for pinched nerves since I had my L3 to S1 discs removed and cages put in. What do they do for pinched nerves? He has told me possible injections of steroids. Your help is appreciated.

• I'm a little confused. Are you saying that since your fusion, your back is feeling mostly pain-free, but you have pain in your legs? Are you able to use your legs? I don't quite understand what your situation is.
  • I had surgery in january too. But in my case is total different from yours.I can't tight my shoes bend twist. tell me how were you able to do it
    tell me what are you doing to get the movility that you have