Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help regarding being off work and worker's comp

Mandalina07MMandalina07 Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Ok, I am looking online (google) but im not finding exactly what I need. Basically, I was told from the WC rep that I am going to be able to go to work on modified duty per the WC doc (which I saw for about 7-10 min). My orthopedic doctor (non WC) put me off work until June 20th. I don't feel like I can go back to work even on mod. duty. The WC rep scheduled my follow up appt. for 3 weeks out!! (June 15th) I would rather not go back until I can talk to the WC doctor and find out about my treatment.

My question is.. since a medical doctor put me on leave until June 20th can I stay off work even if the WC doc is saying I can go back to work now on modified duty???

I would think not since it is a doctor who put me out, but since this WC stuff is so complicated I figure there is some kind of stipulation that I HAVE to do what the WC doc says. I don't even care if it is unpaid, I would rather be unpaid then make anything worse in my back by going back to work.

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Madilina,

First you should recognize that the laws pertaining to workcomp are governed by the individual states. Each state has its own set of laws regarding work comp and what you doctors you must see. I would strongly suggest that you read the laws of your state and learn your rights. If I understand correctly another doctor has written you off work, who is a non work doctor. If this is so, yes you are not required to work. Now if you seen both doctors for the same reason and neither knows about the other, don't be surprised if they get upset. Also you need to understand that since it is a non work comp doctor who is putting you out of work they are not responsible for your pay as well. Also you may want to first run all of this by your employer and as they may have a absentee policy as well, that could cause you some issues. Good luck and I hope this helps some.
  • I have looked online..
    http://dirweb.state.nv.us/WCS/employee.htm this website is very general and vague. I haven't found any site that can answer my specific questions so I figured I would ask here.

I don't care if it is unpaid because I don't want to make anything worse. I am going to see the WC doc on the 15th and explain in detail to him and hopefully he will see all my doctors notes and MRI results, etc and suggest injection since he verbally said that would be the next step. It just sucks I have to wait until the 15th.
  • Look and see if your state has a Department of Labor Ombudsman who can assist.

In Kentucky, they will tell you what the law is and what to expect, but they cannot represent you in court or any type of hearing.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2