Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why does the CT/Myelo dye cause so much pain?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
After my first lumbar CT/Myelo, I decided the pain must be from the added material in the spinal fluid. Yesterday, though, I had one done lumbar AND cervical. They put the dye in, my hips and legs had crazy pain (same as last time), but nothing in cervical. THEN they tipped me toward my head, and suddenly my neck and shoulders had crazy pain!

My only conclusion is that it must be the dye?

I was extremely lucky this time, as the group they sent me for it believes in pain control during this process, so they gave me a shot of demoral (sp?) and some anti-nausea med, or I would have been losing it and hurling all over. Problem being, found out I am extremely sensitive to demoral and was out of it the rest of the day (they gave it to me around 12 noon).

I hope I never have to do this again! But unfortunately, I may have to since they refuse to do an MRI because of some old hardware from ear surgury in 1983.

This discussion has been closed.