Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disorder

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease

I am 39 year old english male based in France, following an MRI and X-Ray I have been told I have DDD and Cervical osteoarthritis particularly in the C5-C6 joint. This was as a result of a stiff neck and shoulder pain/tingling in my right hand. My problem is I can speak very little french and would like confirmation of the scan results. Below are the results and if anyone can give me confirmation in english of the meaning I would very much appreciate it.

En plan sagittal on retrouve un remaniement discarthrosique c5-c6 associant un pincement de l'interligne et un ostéophyte circonférentiel périsomatique étendu à gauche à la région pré foraminale avec uncarthrose et réduction foraminale gauche. Je ne retrouve pas de sténose segmentaire du canal. latéralement les rapports inter articulaires semblent préservés sans instabilité rachidienne. La projection basi odontoïdienne est normale.

En plan axial projection sensiblement normale des interlignes c3-c4 et c4-c5.
On retrouve en c5-c6 l'aspect d'uncarthrose gauche avec réduction foraminale et petit débord discal pré foraminal pouvant expilquer une symptomatologie radiculaire latéralisée. Le cordon médullaire parait normal. Absence de discopathie migrée sous jacente.

Au total
uncarthrose et discarthrose gauche c5-c6 avec réduction foraminale et vraisemblable appui radiculaire. Absence de signe direct de souffrance du cordon médullaire.

Thank You for any advice received