Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

radio frequency lesioning causing problems

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
i had radio frequency lesioning done to my left low lumbar about 6 months ago,during the procedure my left foot started to feel like it was on fire and bad pain, iscreamed out to the doctor to tell him my foot was on fire and he immediately shut down the machine after it subsided he resumed the procedure and did 6 levels. ever since this happened my foot has not been the same constant pins & needles, numbness, pain.i tried getting in touch with doctor after this happened and he had been out due to family situation. i am now 5 months pregnant and am limited to what i can have done not only is my left foot worsening my sciatica pain has come back even worse than before.has anyone experienced anything like this or offer some advice? i will be seeing nuerologist in about 2 months.

• from what i understand radio frequency lesioning is used to deaden the nerve.
    there is discomfort for a while before the nerve is deadened. maybe the nerve was never completely deadened. i would see a neurologist who can test you right in the office without having dangerous tests. he will test the reflexes and stick you with pins ...ouch...to check the nerves.
    of course with the sciatica you have certainly gained weight from the pregnancy. that alone will increase sciatic symptoms. was the sciatica the original problem?
    sorry you are in such discomfort.
    }:) }:) }:) pete
  • thank you for the info and yes the sciatica was the orginal problem. I did call a nuerologist and will be seeing him soon. thanks again