Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Select exercises and daily activities

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
my lower right of my back has been having some moderate-chronic pain in the gym. I am at the point where I don't know what to do. It is a 2 month wait to see a sports doctor and I dont know if I should continue doing what doesnt hurt, or just stop doing everything all together.

the exercises that make chronic pressure in this spot is full range squats, especially when i derack the bar and step back with 1 foot first, and deadlifts from the floor (however i can do rack deadlifts from the knee). also bent over rows put pressure on this spot as well.

daily activities that effect me are when i get out of bed in the morning and put my right sock on, as well as picking up anything heavy in one hand.

i dont know what the problem is or what to do in the gym, anyone have any suggestions?

• Hi!

I have the very same problem. I was diagnosed with discus hernia L5-S1 two years ago, which I got in the gym doing squady. Now I started going to the gym again, but I am not sure if it's OK. I do only lightweights, avoid doing freewight at all.

Have you find out anything interesting?

Kind regards!
  • Hello, and welcome! It's my understanding, if your back hurts when you do something, for Gods sake, don't do it!!! Have you been to your regular doctor about this pain? You should probably start there if you can't see a sports doctor.

In the mean time, have you tried icing the area, or a heating pad? That's always where I start for pain relief!

Good luck, and I hope you find it's just strained or over-worked!!!!

This discussion has been closed.