Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tired of waiting

Jaws650JJaws650 Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All!
I don't post often, but I just need to vent a little to someone who can probably relate. I finally decided to go the sugery route, and I'm just tired of waiting and of being in pain. It just seems that for every appointment for every time I need to see someone it's at least a month or better. It did take me awhile to resort to surgery. So I guess after deciding that Things seem to go pretty slow. Mabey it's just cause I'm still sore from the discogram on the 28th.

Thanks For listening though!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Jaws,
    I understand your feeling as I am one that like to get things going when I make a decision. But if it's one thing I have learned through all my medical issues is patience. Not only the patience waiting for the surgery but the patience of the recovery process. Not over-doing it so you ruin the work done by the surgeon and putting yourself through more pain and an extended recovery.
    Good luck to you and take care,
  • We all understand your flusteration. When you are in pain it seems to take forever to get the treatment you need.
    My spine problems started with a ruptured disc. All my pain was in my leg, not my back. I was in agony!! It took 5 looong months for Doctors to figure out what was wrong. They would give me a pill and tell me to come back in two or three weeks!! I was on crutches and I knew a pill was not going to help and I told the Doctor it was not. It was going to take more than that. I would be sent off with yet another pill!! The pain started at my hip and went down my leg to my ankle. You can imagine my flusteration.
    I now have permanent nerve damage due to scar tissue from two surgeries I have had at the same place on my spine. I have not had a pain free day in years.
    Hope your surgery goes well and cures your problems.
    Best of luck
    Patsy W
  • I was the same as you, pain for 10+years, getting worse and worse, I turned down surgery for about 5 years, then I decided to go for it, the 4 months I had to wait seemed like forever. Now, I wish I had waited a bit longer, because my financial issues would not be as bad if I had waited even 2 weeks. I was denied SSDI because of 2 weeks (supposed to be able to go back to work 2 weeks before the 1 year mark disability requires)

Good luck! >:D<
  • Once you're scheduled for surgery, the wait seems to be even longer and dragged out. I went through the same thing with both my surgeries, and felt like I had to jump through hoops to have it.
  • Thanks All, I'm glad of knowing there's a place you can always go to and everyone knows just how ur feeling. Only another month to talk to the Doc about my discogram. And another ect... lol