Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Pain Medications
Which form of oxycodone do you think is better- straight oxycodone or oxycodone with tylenol? Does one work better than the other or do people prefer oxy without tylenol because of liver toxicity concern? I'm on the oxy/apap and it's okay so far. I never took the other, just Norco in the past but my body grew tolerant after a few years. This is why I was switched to oxycontin. Thanks for your opinions :H

• are you taking Oxy IR or CR.Anyway,I started on Percocet.Then
    "upgraded" to Oxycontin 3x20mg.Tapered down to Oxy 2x10mg.
    The last script my PM doc gave me was for 5mg Oxycodone IR.For
    me,every form of Oxycodone works well.Still,I don't believe that Tylenol in Percocet has any effect on pain.
    Oxycontin CR kept my pain at bay.Very seldom did I need meds for BT pain.How many are you taking a day?

• :H I just take the immediate release oxycodone (Percocet)/apap for break thru pain. The MS Contin is my ER med and I take it 3 times a day. I'm glad the Oxycontin is working so well that you hardly need the IR tablets. I allowed 6 oxycodones a day and boy do I need every one of them :<
  • I vote for the increased rest. I think you've been pushing things because you want to be ready for your trip. You've probably not really given your body a chance to recuperate before you jumped back into a busy schedule.

Try to rest a bit more and see if that doesn't help.
  • I find that the straight oxy works so much better and there's no harm to the liver. I am a firm believer in oxycodone because it has always worked for me.
  • Thanks for sharing your experiences with me :H

Kattoo, I take the morphine every 8 hours and I'm beginning to get used to this schedule. Before, I didn't have to worry with the Fentanyl patches b/c it was changed every 2 days. Honestly I think I'm a bit underdosed, as another poster brought up since I was on 100mcg of the patches before switching meds. I do have another PM appt in a few weeks and I'll discuss it with the doctor.

I also agree with Ms. Gwennie that you need your rest and your job is aggravating your C-spine. Constantly having to look down will do it, but I understand you can't get away from doing that. By the way, please bring me a souvenir from Bali ;) Just kidding

Hi Herrball, I am considering talking to my doctor about regular oxycontin because I still have a lot of breakthrough pain.