Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain (DDD)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
I am somewhat new at this so bare with me. 2007 I was told I had degenerated disc problems in the lower back. L3-4 also L4-5 sever loss of height. There is more but in all its 3 pages long. I have had denervation done 2 now the first one took for 2 years, then pain picked up and had denervation aging did not take. 2009 went back to therapy and new doctor because of change in medical coverage. Now I went through lumbar epidural injections 2 injections in the upper vertebras not sure numbers, 2 week later I will have to get the lower half. The upper half does not seem like there was any change.

I was wondering about surgery. I have been checking into spinal fusion here in Pheonix at the Sonoran Spine Center, I see minimally invasive surgery, not sure if I qualify. I was wondering what others had had done and how they have come out of their operation. Some say don’t have back surgery, some say depends of the doctor, what say all of you. I tried in chat but that went a little faster then I was wanting. One sentence does not help, I wanted more. I want to know what you did, therapy, how you felt after, and now, how old were you when you had it done, and do you regret the operation.

Thanks a head of time.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you certainly have alot of questions and i am sure some one will drop by with some answers. :? it is good to ask questions. have you gotten a second opinion? :? good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon. :D check out the "Back and Neck" surgery forum for some more input! by the way, we cannot comment on specific hospitals or doctors!! just generalities! thanks! Jenny :)
  • Have you had any back work Jenny?
  • hi! :H i have had a double laminectomy on L4-L5. :D of course i have had many injections, some pt. right now there is nothing to help surgically so i exercise when i can, eat right and take supplements and use pain meds.. i am on a pretty good program for my pain. :D also Lyrica for my sciatica. so, that is what and where i am at!! =D> thanks for asking! sorry i cannot help you with your questions about your possible surgery!!! :D Jenny :)