Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone have two implanted spinal cord Stimulators (SCS)

mcarr36mmcarr36 Posts: 73
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Everyone,
I have been suffering for almost 5 years with neck,shoulder and head pain. I currently have an SCS that covers my arm pain and I am going to have another SCS implanted for head pain. Does anyone have two permanent systems? If so,please tell me about your experience.

Thank you!

• wow.... i could not imagine. Haglandc has one implanted and i know she would be a good one to ask about one but i am not sure about two. hell.... my pain mgmt doc wants to do one on me but i am a chicken. good luck on your search.
  • I have only one cervical SCS with 2 percutaneous leads and I get coverage from my finger tips to the top of my head covering both greater and lesser occipital nerves. It all depends on the way the leads are configured to fire and how deep the signal is driven. In April I discussed things with my rep when he changed the lead firing configuration and I could finally feel it up my neck and into my head. He said that they have discovered it isn't necessary to do an occipital SCS to cover the occipital neuralgia pain anymore. They are now going to a standard c-spine configuration and using a different stimulation patterns.

Good luck with yours.

• Hi C.,

What brand do you have? I have Boston Scientific. I have had as many as 6 different programmers try to get coverage of my head and no one can do it.

Take care,

This discussion has been closed.