Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Beds for back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi. I'm new to the website. I am having extensive back surgery (fusion of 11 levels) and am considering buying a new bed. The one I like is the Tempur-Pedic Deluxe Ergo split king adjustable bed. Do any of you have any comments good or bad about this bed? Or is there a different one out there that is better? Lynn C @ clasyldy@qwest.net

• wow!!!!!! 11 levels! big hugs sent your way and i wish you all the luck. we bought a new simmons beautyrest when i had my adr . it firm the way i needed it but after 3 years of recovering it got too hard so we put a mattress topper on it and it feels fine now. i think my needs changed as i heal. good luck on your search and your upcoming surgery. -chelle
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on a successful surgery and recovery!! =D> please follow your doctor's orders!! check out the "Sleep
    Problems forum" for some input on your bed! :D stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Thanks to all of you for your best wishes. I'm not having surgery until July 27. I've known I need the surgery since Dec 4 when I saw my surgeon for the results of the Myelogram and Cat.I need L-2/3 to T-10 fused and then rods and screws up to T-4. Now they tell me that they may need to go in from the side also in order to take out the deteriorated L-2/3 level cage. I'm a worker's comp patient and had to go through a deposition with ICA lawyer and then a second opinion from their doc. Finally got appoval 2 weeks ago. During all this time I lost 4 inches in height due to flat back sydnrome...my upper back is pitching forward 4 inches from where it is supposed to be and the surgeon is going to try to pull it back inline. Surgery will be 8-10 hours. 2-3 weeks in hospital and rehab and in a body cast/brace for
    2-3 months. I will definitely need your support.
  • velda electrical adjustable bed instead .we have the very bed that you want and its too had for people with back problems {its in our spear bed room} get bed with a sprung and memory foam combination mattress instead of a total full memory foam .please trust me on this one !! we have spent thousands on bed trying to find the holy grail of beds and even and super expensive bed wont necessarily give you a good nights sleep if you suffer with your back its all well and good seeing the adverts with a nice health slim girl waking up in the morning and saying i feel rejuvenated and i dont have any back pain anymoor!! yer rite!!! like a bed will remove something that the surgeon's carnt!! do your home work and try before you buy .if you live in the uk go to sleepmasters and get a sensafoam revolution {that's a top of the range velda proflex 30 with a sleepmasters badge on it and its about half the price of the veld bed if you were to buy it direct from velda!}
    happy shopping and the best of luck with your mammoth surgery
  • Lynn, hi! :H i see that you have made some decisions. :? you have a very long and difficult recovery ahead of you.. know that SH is here to support you all the way. through your tears, disappointments and joys we will be here for you! :D all the best! =D> Jenny :)
  • the tempurpedic. My husband and I bought one due to my back issues and while he loves it...I hate it. It is too hard and when I sleep on my good side, I wake up with a numb hand. I also wake up with achy shoulders and I have never had shoulder or neck issues.

Another thing that I have noticed is that it reatians heat well. Not good in Florida when you are already hot. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I can actually feel the heat where my body lays...

Good luck with your search
  • ...in my humble opinion is the Sleep Number bed. It's the best bed in the world for spineys. I don't work for them, I've just had one for about six years and it would be one of the first things I'd save if we had a fire. :-)