Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question abt surgery

TimboTTimbo Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have spondylolisthesis with DDD along with spinal stenosis. Both my neurosurgeon and pm are pushing for me to get spinal fusion done. I currently take 90mg avinza along with oxycodone for breakthrough and zanaflex. My question is, how long can I safely wait before I should get it done? I would like to wait a year or so to get things in order because I know the recovery time can be lengthy. Also, I have family/friends who either know someone or have had the same condition who tell me that I can wait as long as I want as long as I am careful. What do you guys/gals think?



  • if you are at risk for permanent damage in your spinal cord or elsewhere, listen to your docs. i understand the need to get things in order first but if i were you i would evaluate your ability to function and if all the conservative stuff doesnt work then consider doing it. i did the conserv route prior to getting the adr so i understand. good luck-
Sign In or Register to comment.