I found this forum when I googled this problem so hope you can give me some insight.
I have had varying degrees of neck pain for the last 7 months.
1) a new firm pillow for the neck
2) McKenzie neck stretches for 3 months
3) the chiropractor (who after 10 times said he couldn't help me).
4) Now I am seeing a Spinal specialist. We tried 500 mg of Naproxen for a month which didn't work.
5) For 2 weeks I have been trying traction at home using a Comfortrac Cervical Tract (no improvement)
Today I had an MRI which shows disc bulge between C5-C6.
I am 44 and in great shape - work out almost every day. The pain is moderate, but with me almost constantly. After reading some of the sites I feel somewhat lucky knowing it could be worse.
Has anyone tried acupuncture? Cortazone shots?
What other options besides surgery do I have?