Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

no BLT question..how long after fusion?

TatiyanaTTatiyana Posts: 194
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I cant believe after only 3 months of not being on here daily, how many names have changed!! Hopefully everyone who has moved on is doing well & feeling much better :) Here's my question though,
How long does the no bending lift twist restriction hold after a fusion? I find it very difficult not to do ANY BLT durring daily activities..just wonderin, see OS today for follow up & still having problems :W

• So I take it your surgery was Dec 8th? Which would make you just almost at that 6month mark???

Mine was lifted at 4 months. I still was very careful in what I did. But yeah your right its a bit tuff not to do any BLT's!!!!

It will depend on what your dr says. How he thinks your progress is going...
    I mean if you have hardware its not going anywhere. Pretty tuff stuff to ruin LoL
    Did you have a fusion???? If you did, hopefully fusion as started and going well. You will of course find that out today...
    I am 8 months out and still having issues. But they are coming from the facet joints.
    As you know from reading everyone recovers at a different rate of speed. It can take up to a yr or more...
    For some once a backache always a backache.... Don't mean to sound blunt..Just seems the way it goes for alot...

I wish you the best of luck at your appt!!!!!
  • But to give you some idea of what might be ahead....my hubby's OS kept the rules in place for 13 months, until he had a posterior boney bridge from L2-L5. My husband did not have BMP and that seems to help patients fuse faster. Ask your doc and he can give you the answer right for you.

Don't give your reacher grabber tool away just yet :0)

• ya, my ALIF was done 2 days before Christmas, so I think its closer to 5 months but at my last checkup, the NS said I was little behind however he was not concerned, Still...when you want to jump back in the game, its so hard to wait it out.

Since I appear to be "fine", I find I am having to explain to family, friends & coworkers frequently that I still cannot do cetain things :(
    I hate that! (I bagan to wonder if I am slowing things down by doing more of the BLT than I should or if its attributed to the Fibromyalgia)

But, I find comfort here when I am able to see I am not alone on this crazy ride!

Thx ;)