Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Good News
Trying to cheer myself up!
My avatar chewbacca had eye surgery for skin tags and hip xrays the week after I had my SCS surgery.

He has done so much better than I am :D the tags under his eyes are GONE and he looks so much better! The fur is growing in and he does not have goop in the corners of his eyes anymore! YAY! so glad we had this done for him!

He has one worn out arthritic hip and the opposite knee is worn out. But he is now taking Metformin daily and able to get around a bit better! the vet said he has several more treatment options before we have to consider the inevitable.

He will celebrate his 11 birthday on June 20th! So everyone wish chewy happy birthday!

He will be getting lots of treats I suspect! Maybe a trip to the Dairy queen for a vanilla icecream cone! he loves those! Eats them just like a kid! he licks the ice cream of while we hold the cone, then munches down the cone, one bite at a time!

• Chewy is a beautiful dog! Glad to hear he is feeling better and looks good too! Don't you feel better every time you look at your little buddy? He's there by your side feeling better, thanks to you! I hope his meds continue to work too.

I think you should take him to DQ for his favorite treat for his BD and as often as you can because he's your buddy and that's what buddy's do....enjoy time and treats together!

• Glad to hear he's doing better! Sounds like he's going to have a great birthday!!! Hope he has many more!