Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l5s1 fusion now foot numb

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
hello everyone,i just have a few question.I hand a Plif on may 15 09,3 weeks out im able to not take the pain med now for almost a week now. when i did need the norco 10/325 I only took maybe 3 a day with a flexeril 10 mg I do take a tylenol 500 a couple of times. what i do have is numbness of my left foot since the surgery and my lower back feel like i have a board in the middle of my back dont no what that is .I hope its just the muscles healing and over time it goes away and some lose of sensation under the arm on the left side.

microdisectomy 01/15/08
4 ESI injection
plif fusion 05/15/09

• Alashia I had same surgery as you March 08. The foot numbness stayed with me for at least 8 months after surgery but has finally left...Occasionaly if I get overtired I will notice some numbness in that foot but all and all is good. My back incision lets me know its still there...still tender and aches on and off. Nerves take up to 2 years to heal.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • for you. You are early in your recovery and will feel many different effects that swelling and nerves will do to you. I am six months out and still have pains down leg some days and not others. You are doing great if you are off all pain meds, with exception of tylenol. Make sure not to take nsaids as they can hurt your fusion. I am so jealous of you at this point. Make sure to walk, dont BLT and you sound like you are on your way. Good Luck and let me know if I can help. Good Luck
  • I forgot to mention that I have hardware and bmp...I have did alot of research and ran across a site that said that we can start to bend if it feels comfortable for us...I do just a little of that. other wise my on complaint is what ever in the middle of my back thats to tight to be a muscle problem and the foot that feel like it about to pop due to the pressure thats travel down the leg...thanks for the info...
This discussion has been closed.