Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question for lumbar ADR friends....

buckeyebackbbuckeyeback Posts: 384
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Since you had ADR surgery, do you have any lifting restrictions that will follow you the rest of your life? What Artificial disk did you have put in and what location of the lumbar spine? How long ago was your surgery?

• My 360 fusion and ADR at the L4/L5 were done in November 2008. The type was from Titan Spine called ENDOSKELETON TA. I had lifting restrictions right after surgery as expected but now I lift whatever I want/have to. That doesn't mean I am not careful when I lift. I do stop and think about lifting before I lift anything around 50 or so pounds or ask my husband. I have lifted my dogs into my truck, with care, and they are German Shepherds at about 95 pounds. Whatever you decide good luck and always ask your doctor before doing anything new.
  • Did you have the Pro-disk implanted at L4/5? Sounds like you are doing well now. What state did you have the surgery in, if you don't mind me asking?
  • I had an ENDOSKELETON device. You can check it out on the Titan Spine website or here. My surgeon invented the device and is co-founder of this very website. I feel really well and I have also been riding my motorcycle when the weather is nice. I know it has only been 7 months so I am still cautious but I am living my life.
  • I wish us all that very same success! Thanks for the info.