Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do you feel "over radiated"??

adie1aadie1 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I know this may sound stupid....but I've been "thinking" about what next steps I want to take to find out "what" I've done to severely "re-irriate" one of my "T's"........

Since I had x-rays, bone scan, and CT scan, all within close proximity, then MRI...I get kinda worried about the "radioactive" tracings left in my body especially if you have to be "retested".

We have big time family history of breast cancer in the family, and of course the "thoracic spine" is the area they focus on for diagnostics. Normally when you have an x-ray, esp if you're a woman, they try to lead shield you with an apron to protect you from radiation exposure, they can't of course if they are imaging your t-spine.

I've been told be the dr who was treating me, that CT scan is actually worse in "dosage" of total radiation, than having several x-rays, and I'm not too keen on having radioactive isotopes injected into my body twice within two years!

Do any of these things cause anyone else 'barriers" in thinking about going for tests??

• I havent had too many xrays or MRIs...The thing is to decide what the risks are if you didn't have the tests? That should be your deciding factor in getting tested. But mainly if you drink lots of water after the bone scans etc it's supposed to rid your body of the effects of the isotopes. Of course always a good question for the Dr. who orders the test. I hope you're doing alright otherwise with your condition. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN