Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Moving from Vegas to Orlando Med Issues

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Pain Medications
So I just resigned my old Job in Vegas, my insurance got cancelled the night I signed my papers. On the last day I was able to get into my PM and he wrote me a script for my Opana ER, Percocet, and Soma to extend me for a month.

Now, I will be on COBRA for 3 months until my new employer's insurance kicks in. Here are some issues: Took going through hoops to get Opana authorized on my last insurance, it's over 800.00 a month for the insurance as well as Ambien CR, which you have to jump through hoops, Percocet no issue.

So I have to find a PM Doctor in Orlando, that will continue with my old records/treatment and then use COBRA for all of that and I'll on have a few weeks, otherwise, I'll run out.

Any recommendations on my circumstances?

Any Recommendations on good PM's in the Orlando/Kissimmee Area?

Who's been there done that before, how did it go?

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I would ask my current pm doc for a referral to a doctor in Orlando. If your current pm doc is unable perhaps your pcp could do this. With a referral from another phy the transition should go smooth,Good luck with finding the right phy for you and your new job.
  • Hi weallneedinfo,

I agree with the post above that a referral would be best. But, I live in Orlando and just got a local newspaper hosting a medical directory:

Excellent doc with awesome credentials.

I actually have a friend who just gave me EDITED card -- He was able to help her and comes highly recommended... Maybe you can get your current PM doc in Vegas to contact him on your behalf.

Good luck.

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.