Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stilll going strong(week 2)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
im still working away at this weight loss lark and im getting somewhere at last ive now been going to the my trainer for about 8 weeks and she has looked at my diet and told me to up the protien and cut the carbs(boo hoo)so so far ive lost 11 pounds in total so im happy,just 1 pound off this week but i did eat pizza so i guess i shoild count myself lucky.

If anyone wants to join jenny and I in our quest,you will be more than welcome,i have found this a great support and hopefully you will too,so what are you waiting for jump right in,in a few months youl be so glad you did

• Hi Ben,

Well done on keeping up the battle to lose weight, it really does feel like a battle at times doesn't it!

I found that dropping the carbs really helped me. I've got so used to it now, I can't remember the last time I bought a loaf of bread or had rice with a meal and potatoes really are a thing of the past! However, if one does sneak onto the plate I don't beat myself up over it.

The down side is that carbs also feature highly in those muffins, cookies and everything else that tastes sooooo good.

Take care Ben and keep going
  • long time no chat,hope you re well,oh yes its the carbs that taste sooooooooo good but being slim is better,just lol.still plugging away at it,got a pearsonal trainer and she is working me hard.
  • benji, :H hang in there and the results are going to be fantastic. 11 pounds is alot of weight and you are shaping up as well!!! =D> no scales in here but according to my bedgown(LOL) i have lost lots!! LOL! have a good week everyone and everyone stop by anytime!! :D good luck this week! Jenny :)
  • jenny ,speedy recovery wishes sent your way
  • yipee 2 more pounds off im so happy with the weight loss hope it contunies,come on you lot where have you disappeared from
  • benji, glad to hear you are still losing weight!! <:P i haven't gotten on the scale but everything is loose!!! =D> just checking in!! :D good luck to all! :D Jenny :)
  • you re doing great jenny but just remember to keep your strenght up,im pleased to say that im also losing inches,its a great feeling.
    come you lot where are you all
  • I lost 12 lbs since I stopped the high dose of lyrica. I only take 150 mg a day. I only eat fruit,yogurt, veggies and oatmeal(flax) and one meal of chicken and rice. I'm trying to cut out the peanut butter and jam sandwich with a glass of milk. I swear it helps me sleep. Good luck everyone on the weight loss. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • well done charry thats great,peanut butter on wholegrain is high in protien but not great going to bed,try having it for breakfast,though i hope it won t make you sleepy lol,i lost 1 pound yesterday,that also brings me up to 12 pounds going for a stone next week,i may get my trainers on lol
    jenny il keep going even if its only the 2 of us(hopefully charry will get on board) i find checking in and your support keeps me in check
  • Well, I'm back :p I only lost 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks, (been having a lot of pain, no pain pills except a little tramadol now and again) but I'm still working on it! You guys are doing great!
  • hi!! :H i guess you and i are the only ones wanting to lose a little weight!! LOL! i seem to hanging in at about 129#.. :D that works well for me right now. remember, no bread benji!!! :? Jenny :)
  • hi all!! :H Whyme, you are doing really well!!! <:P i am sorry about your pain pills but your body will thank you.. =D> i just went off Percodan and Flexeril.. not easy but the wear and tear on our systems is not a good thing either.. hang in there!!! there is no winning situation is there? charry, congratulations on the weight loss!! that is a good amount in a short period of time!! :D stop by anytime!! <:P Jenny :)
  • weight stayed the same this week,but there s always nest week so not to down about it,whyme welcome back 4 pounds is great well done keep it up.How did you get on jenny, hope you re feeling alittle better my friend
  • Whyme, :H how are you doing with your meds and the pain?? i gained 2 pounds this week.. too much ice cream sherbert!! i live on the stuff.and vegies and fruit!! LOL! :D benji, atleast you did not gain! LOL! :D Jenny :)
  • well i gained 5 pounds this week. ~X( too much bad food. ~X( that is the only reason. and i just can't exercise like i was before i got sick.. so that makes me at 135#.. :D TOO MUCH!!! :''( good luck benji and Whyme!! :D Jenny :)
  • Lol, haven't been posting here, because as much as I don't want to admit it, one week on Neurontin, and I gained EVERYTHING I lost back ~X( :''(

But Jenny, you have brought me out from behind my fail screens image

=)) =)) =))

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone :p

But isn't there something weird about congratulating someone for not gaining on a weight loss thread? :))( <:P =D>

• Whyme, look at it this way, maintenance can be as difficult as losing weight. ~X( so we give a thumbs up to someone staying the same and not gaining... =D> not too weird is it? LOL!try it and you will know what i mean!! LOL! hang in there!! and don't feel bad about posting a gain. that is part of life!! ~X( i had a 5 pound gain!! YIKES! ~X( LOL! Jenny :)
  • I hope you didn't take that wrong, hmm I suck at making jokes, but believe me, it was just a joke looks like I better hide behind my blue screens of FAIL again. :p

• Whyme, i did not take it any other way but as a joke!!! :? a sense of humour is a must here on SH. so don't even give it a second thought!! :D L, :X Jenny :) p.s. i love the computor screens and you better not go into hiding!!!!i will find you! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.