Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Fibromyalgia
hello my name is suzanne i am 38 years old,i've been a suffer of fibromyalgia now for 20years,not everyday is the same,there are days where i cannot get out of bed because the pain is so severe,i had my last operation in february 09nerve ablation which i thought went really well,but weeks later the pain came back more intense. The drugs that i take to control the pain no longer work,when i do take the drugs i am so spaced out.I get so down i sink into depression,i have tried everything from yoga to strengthening exercisers but nothing to avail.I struggle with everyday chores from cooking to cleaning even bathing myself,I live everyday differently taking little steps.

• so sorry you are having so much trouble. You have a bad disease and it's a real battle. what pain killers and med do you take that make you feel down?
    i too have suffered from many years of pain. at first i tried fighting it in order to maintain my usual strength. however when you have a problem you have to work within your limits. if you fight like hell to keep going you are going to get tired and be left with no energy. do you get mad at yourself when you're not up to par. write me back and let's see what we can make out of this situation
    sincerely, pete
  • Hiya :D Welcome To Spine Health >:D< Suzanne firstly i would like to say you have come to the right place and you are not alone >:D< There are many here who suffer with fibro including myself ~X( so we can understand how bad your pain is and what it feels like >:D< i also struggle with everyday chores, but to get me through the rough times i have learned to laugh at myself :))( , but it does get frustrating ~X( , because your head says "come on i can do this" but the body just says "no you cant"! :? What medication do you take? @) And what other treatments have you had? :? Do you have sharp pains in your fingers at all? :? I am new to the fibro ive only been reently diagnosed :O , i mean when i say recently its months :W Keep posting! O:)

Angie >:D< :H
  • I call my fibro the traveling scourge, just grinding me down to powder. Everyday is a never-ending moving set of pains, misery,emotions,and exhaustion. I hope you find a therapy that gives you some relief and quality of life. Just wanted to say, hang in there, your not alone.