Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What has Spine-Health Done for me?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Matters of the Heart
I joined Spine-Health about 3 years ago and it was one of the best online decisions I ever made.
I would love to hear from all members just how much Spine-Health has helped them or meant to them.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    it was only after using the main site for a number of years for medical information.
    Once I signed up for the forums, that is when a whole new world of support opened up for me.
    From the first few days, I received so many welcome messages from different people I was quite amazed.
    I remember my first message, it came from TreeSkate, who also lives in CT. It was so nice to hear from some
    one who understood my language.
    Then the rest of the gang help me so much.
    It was Virg, who opened her heart to me, then it was Bruce who provided me with guidance, then Tammy999 , who made me laugh, made me smile and made me realize who we all were. StillHopeful, another one from CT, gosh, she was there for me every day. Tamtam, always responding to my posts. And then, it was ErinMcginley...I was so scared to send her a message. I thought she was the Spine-Health Goddess of something. Little did I realize that Erin was one of the more down to earth people I meet.
    I could go on and on about names....
    But the most important thing is what I felt at home with Spine-Health. I could sing the blues, talk about my problems, tell jokes, just about anyything and it was always well received.
    The CHAT room back then was a place where friends hung out. It was good and I miss that.
    But most importantly, I have been helped so much by Spine-Health....Its just a site, but its the people that make it what it is... The owners, the developers they provide us with the interfaces and the tools, but its the members that make the difference. I am a much richer person from having been on Spine-Health.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    This is the one place that I can talk about my problems with others who really understand. Here when people say "I know how you feel" they really mean it. I really think it helps keep me sane at times by just reading the posts or sharing in them. I'm glad I found this site and I appreciate all those who keep it going.
  • It's opened my eyes.

Before all my cervical issues hit, I had no idea about spine problems, chronic pain, herniated discs, spine surgery, etc. When my problems started I did as much research as I could and it led me here. My surgeon even referred me to this site when he said I needed surgery.

First came the knowledge that I gained from reading everything I could on SH about ACDF surgery. Yes, it's scary to see what you're about to go through but I'm not a head-in-the-sand kind of gal. Then, when I realized how serious my situation was I discovered the SH forums. I've been consoled, validated, hugged, sympathized, and cared for here, many times more than any other place, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have never met such a collective group of knowledgeable, caring and thoughtful people as the ones here - I cherish the friendships I've made and the ability to "be with others" who have shared my experience.

PT: $3,495
    MRI: $2,800
    Surgery: $112,650
    Spine-Health: Priceless

• It was and is a great place for support. I started in chat first and many people there were kind and let me talk. I think I've had every post answered also in the forum. If I don't answer a post I can still relate to what someone has said and I think ahh - yes I can understand that. Of course we can't answer every post but bring it up again to the top and someone for sure will answer. I'm here mostly everyday and learn something new. Mostly I feel a kinship with others here even though we haven't experienced all of the same problem. I don't know where else I would go to except here for support. Thanks Mods. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You guys said it all. I wish I had researched to find this site 3 years ago. Hindsight, but I'm thankful I have it now. It makes me sad there are so many of us with pain, back/neck issues and all the emotions it brings with it. But it is comforting to know people here understand, are helpful, and have so much knowledge to share. I read so many posts and know the "aha" Charry describes and feel connected. I felt so alone and without a clue post fusion until I found SH! What a miracle!

• Do you mean what has Spine Health done for me besides teach me that there is much life left to live? Or besides it's the greatest site to meet lifelong friends? Or besides the wealth of information that is provided by Doctors and other people in the same situation? I know I wasn't here for a while but I always know where to run home to. This place is definitely home. I don't know how I would have gotten through the past 9 months without you guys.
  • Spine Health has helped me keep my sanity, but above all, it has connected me with wonderful friends. I have come to adore my cyber family and I enjoy helping them out because it distracts me from my own problems. I really feel like I'm doing something worthwhile and it does make me feel better about myself.
  • If not for finding the forum on Spine Health, I would have lost my mind. Only people who are dealing with the same issues can understand and relate to what you're going through. Even my closet family and friends, though supportive, just didn't get it to the degree that the poeple on this website do.

I first came here for information on my condition because I had never suffered back issues before and was completely overwhelmed with what was happening to me. Then, after reading the forum and finally joining, discovered the wonderful, wonderful people who even though suffering with their own horrible pain issues reached out to others to lent support and friendship.

When I lost my job and posted here about it, the warm, supportive responses I received helped me over feeling worthless, as I took great pride in my competence and ability to execute my job.

I also learned to value and love myself for who I am each day -- just for being one of God's children -- when all the things that make up your identity are stripped away by pain, you do a little soul searching.

Thanks so much to all on this website who offer insights and support -- you are so loved for your contributions.