Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

They all add up sometimes

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Depression and Coping
Doesn't it seem like sometimes there's a bunch of little things that add up over a period of time and become one big thing that's hard to deal with?

I'm finding myself there. I'm too tired to explain it now, but I'm sure many of you know what I mean. Maybe tommorrow I can elaborate.

• And there's no telling when it hits, it just does. It's okay to feel it too, so don't cut yourself off from that. Just go with the flow and grab a box of kleenex.

We're always here for ya,

• I also find at times that it's hard not to sweat the small stuff, especially when I'm not feeling well. Please try not to let it overwhelm you. Let it out, no matter how silly it may seem and you may feel a whole lot better (kind of like when you give that rude driver the "secret" finger LOL).

• It's like trying to carry hand fulls off pebbles up a wet grassy slope. You just know you are going to fall and drop them.

It all stacks up and wears on your. Little failures or things you do not want or can't do. One on top of another. Till they add up to one big thing.

Me? Noooo, I've NEVER had that happen.... :O

Hang in there, with any luck the little things will go away, little by little.

I hope!
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I'm with you all here, over time I have learned to not let the small stuff get to me like it did in my earlier years, so I thought. But every so often it comes back to haunt me, you try so hard not to let it stress you out. But add the day to day pain and discomfort on top of it all and it's the makings for a disaster.
    I was reminded of this last night and after a somewhat restful sleep I guess
    I'm a little more relaxed this morning, but then again I haven't got to work yet. Hope you all have better days.
  • I hope you are able to make it to the greens for some "tee time" to work off some of this stress. Be well, my friend, we're thinking of you!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    its like a snow ball effect. Once things start to roll, its hard to stop it.
    So many times we try to figure out what stated it all.. It could be something very simple, bending the wrong way, picking up something too heavy, or even sleeping the wrong way.
    But we know when it happens, but the problem is that we can not always keep that in control... So many times it just keeps on rolling and rolling and we nhave to find ways to deal with it.
    Even though thiese 'setbacks' or whatever we want to call them are short lived... So in tim we can recoup and get back to where we were..
    Cathie, I only hope your setback is very short lived and you can get back to your normal self
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com