Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

multilevel DDD

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi i have multilevel DDD and bulging disk at every level and herneated disk and spurs and putrusions.Does any body have advice wht to do when thes doc wont do a thing but tell u to live with the constent pain abd that u only have 2 good disk left in ur back
advertisement

Comments

• I have DDD as well, confirmed on cervical MRI and presumed in my lumbar spine.

You didn't say if you've had physical therapy and whether it helped or what other treatments you've already tried. Exercise is very helpful to supporting your spine properly but you would need evaluation by a therapist to advise what exercises would be appropriate for your condition.

I know firsthand what it is like to have a doctor who won't offer any help and says to just do your exercises for the rest of your life. You have to be your own advocate, especially since it is your body and you know better than anyone else when there is something serious going on. I changed family doctors after the one I'd been seeing gave me that little speech and wouldn't even offer me any help with the pain. It turned out I had a herniation at C6-7 with nerve root entrapment and two months later, after conservative treatments failed, I was in surgery. That was six weeks ago and I'm feeling very good except for occasional twinges of new nerve pain (different location) and a case of rotator cuff tendonitis on the opposite side, lol. Ah, the joys of getting older (61).

It may be time for you to get a second opinion and find out what options there are for you.

Best wishes! :)
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • i had therapy the doc laughed and said it wolud not help i have that heriation on my nerves i have seen 3 dang doc they say if iy dont go down the leg they wont cut i am wearing a tens machine all the dang time due to pain i have tried every thing nothing is working