Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Few Things That Help My Fibro

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Fibromyalgia
I have had Fibromyalgia since I was a teenager. I am 49 now and have dealt with this disease for a long long time. There are a few things that I have found to be of help when this demon decides to flare up on me.

Heating pads

Rice Socks (heated in Microwave for a few minutes)

Get up and get moving, gentle stretches, move about the house some, anything so that you can work off some of the soreness and stiffness, do this at least 2 times an hour for about 5 minutes and it really helps.

Warm soaks in the bath, use a scented bath oil to help relax I personally like Lavendar.

If you do have to sit or lay for an extended period, do some range of motions in your arms, legs, back, etc... get them moving some (this really does ease the pain)

Meditation, put on some soft music or my favorite nature sounds, lay back close your eyes, think of something peaceful and relaxing, and soothe your mind as well as your body.

I have taken many different pain meds and muscle relaxers to help with Fibro pain. I myself do not get any benefit from these meds for Fibro pain. I do have other serious pain problems and they help some, but I am never 100% pain free and have not been in 20 years.

Just a few thoughts from a fellow FMS patient. I do take Celebrex 200 mg 2 times a day, and Zanaflex 8 mg 2 times a day, not just for FMS but also for my back problems.

Take care of yourselfs and know you are not alone in your pain.