Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

benefits help

shirleysshirley Posts: 201
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:32 AM in Chronic Pain
hi hoping for advice from uk members mostly.
i am currently working but pain is making me take more and more time off, boss is supportive but also keeps telling me he is running a business.
im waiting for discogram as root nerve injections have just made me worse, depending on results as to whether i have artificial disc replacement or 360 spine fusion l5s1.
i was wondering if anyone with spondylolisthesis and ddd has applied for disability living allowance and actually received it.i also have facet joint wear an tear. i am unsure if i should apply or not. thanks for any advice. been on the merry go round of NHS for 17 months now
advertisement

Comments

• i have been turned down for DLA 4 times now but just the other day was given it ..at last ..my advice to you is to send for the pack and when you receive it get a person from the CAB to complete for you ..good luck
    STRAKER
  • i have got the forms just wondered if it was hard to get the benefits, do u get carers and mobility or just one of them, sounds like u had a hard fight to get it, glad u carried on fighting and won
  • the higher rate mobility and the lower rate bit for looking after you {carnt think what the real name for i it is !} i am using it for my prescriptions and TENS electrodes and i an saving for an electrical adjustable rise and recliner recliner as my old lazy boy manual recliner is broken.the money is a big help but i would love to be well enough to work and have no benefit !!
    STRAKER
  • Shirley,

I too have DDD and Spondy at the same level - I've met with two Ortho Surgeons and a Neuro and all say the only fix for Spondy is Fusion. What does your Surgeon say about the ADR working with Spondy?

Atb, Mike
  • just needed to know if there was a safety net when i fall from this very narrow perch.
    ive read lots of your posts and i know you would rather be working and pain free, but such is life that you cant, dont feel bad for claiming what you deserve.
    no one ever gets rich claiming benefits but they can help to provide the comfort of appropriate chairs etc
    all the best mate
  • have no idea what ADR means. glad to hear from someone with the same prob, how long have you had this? are you still able to work ? im pretty stubborn i wont give up without a fight but the rounds seem to be getting longer and my strength weaker. hope to hear from you again, very interested to hear your story and if you are considering surgery etc
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.