Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Symptom After Many Months

araineaaraine Posts: 151
I have a Herniated Disk T11-T12, Scoliosis, and Reverse Curvature of the Neck from a car accident 2.5 years ago. Because of severe leg pain, over the years I have limped and I suppose my gait has changed. I have done chiropractic and spinal strengthening. This just started about a month ago and has gotten worse now. I was doing very well to the point of no pain for months now. Not sure if this is even related though, but I have become more active now that I am back to working.

The side-top more internal of my right foot of my large toe has become very painful. I cannot walk on any flat surfaces, and anytime I push on the side of the ball it hurts. I cannot bend my large toe upwards or downwards, or to the right without pain. But I can to the left. This is my right foot. When I bend it upwards, it hurts internally at the e joint I believe. Now, it's not really swollen, and doesn't get purple or anything, SOMETIMES it appears slightly swollen at the ball joint on the sides, possibly even looks like fluid but nothing really? But nothing else. One of my co-workers said that my ankle even appears to bow inwards. I can't wear dress shoes (I really dont anyways), flip flops, or barely even sneakers which I need to support my back. I tried 2 different pair of sneakers and it made my foot hurt more. My foot feels better with nothing on it, but I REALLY cannot walk without a problem if I don't put something on. The pain first started sometime in May and now is starting to shoot somewhat to the side of the arch and around the foot like it's going towards the ankle.

Any ideas?

• It's best to see your Primary Dr and get it checked out and you may need some tests or a referral. For shoes I also found sketchers biker shoes with bungee laces very light and easy on the feet to slip on. Rockport(macy) shoes are the same look and are even more comfortable. I use a cane for walking as my foot and leg are sore and it takes the pressure off. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Been trying to make an appointment with doctor but they are just not answering their phones! Grrrr....no comments from anyone else of what my foot problem could be?
  • Hi Amber...long time no talk. I have had a major foot problem for the past 3 years. Have been to 3 ortho foot docs and looks like I have a chronic case of plantar facitsis. No toe pain just arch and heel. I had custom orthotics made and had an EMG to rule out nerve damage..I can relate to the shoe issue..only thing I can wear are running shoes..put on as soon as I wake and last thing off before going to bed..I know we don't have same prob...but wanted you to know..we can relate with pain in the foot.
    Kisses to Cassidy. Shes a beauty.