Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck and arm pain surgery??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I recently recieved my MRI and it showed multiple herniated disc at c3-c4 c4-c5 c6-7.the "mild flattening of the spinal cord" was at c5 c6.Ive had pain for 2 years and has worsened.right arm pain and numbness and tingling in hands,with hands that feel arthritic.Do you think they will consider surgery at this point? I have been through pain management with several series of cervical epidurals and pain meds.I do not want to have this if it is not warranted.Im in my 40's, but Im getting tired of the pain.

• Hi, Yes I think surgery is your best bet. The numbness and tingling are signs your spinal cord are compressed. Think of it like a straw inside a mini donut. the straw is pinched and spinal fluid isnt flowing throughout the spinal cord. And if any of the mini donuts are crooked and touching a nerve then thats the pain part of the upper neck area, arms, shoulders and hands. I had the cervical fusion in 2006 and I feel so much better. I am 43 now. I had a cervical laminectomy on 6/9/09 because of a huge bone spur on C3 pressing on a Nerve. The younger you are the faster you will heal too. Putting this off will only cause more problems that could be prevented if you have surgery. The nerves are stinkers they get mad when they are bothered. So to prevent more damage its best to see a doctor.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.