Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello just letting you all know how i feel

krazyangelkkrazyangel Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
I went back to Dr. and he said that I am still healing and I will start PT next month when I am three months post op. Told me to loss some of the weight that i have gain in the last past 2 and half years that I have been in pain. I told him that it is easier said then done when you are always in pain doing anything. I have just been down and out all week. I feel so depress here lately not being able to be the active person I was before I got hurt. I tell you I never thought that I would ever be like this. I am just tired of the pain and being stuck in the house most of my time cause I am hurting so bad. So not alot of happy smilely faces here in my world today.

• I know how you feel, hard to stay positive when you are in pain. I hope the PT helps. Are you able to have water therapy?

Stay in touch.

• I know about the happy smiley less days. I am six months out and i havnt been able to start PT yet. I have had some set backs with pnuemonia and stuff. I am three years this month dealing with this stuff. Gets hard, just remember that you are getting better and closer to the end of the tunnel. And then life will be good again. I am there with you, and I have to look back at what it was like after surgery ttill now. I dont hurt as bad, so it keeps me going! Hope you have a better week!
  • Hang in there Theresa!!! :)

I know how you feel!! I hate the downs that we get on this spiney roller coaster ride, but you never know when there is an "up" just waiting around the corner for you. I hope you get your "up" soon !!! I hope you know that you are not alone on the ride!! We are riding with you!!

-Thinking of you
    -Praying for you

• Why don't you go outside and go for a walk, even a short one? Breathe deeply and get a little fresh oxygenated blood going into the surgical area. It will give you a little exercise and a change of scene. Focus on what you CAN do...just while you are on your walk.
  • Gwennie is right going out side for a walk would help. Also if you had back surgery I would suggest getting in to a pool and walk around. The water would make you feel good also and you will heal faster the more you exercise.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
This discussion has been closed.