Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Pain Management
Hello All !
I havn't posted in along time... I do keep up with posts,as the members give me hope and courage. I have had a heck of a time since my ACDF surgery. I have been back to work full time for aprox. 4 months now. I am still in pain, however I do not have arm pain and numbing down arm and hand. So in short I believe the surgery was a success. I do have pain in center of my neck big time ! I have completed all P.T. (18 sessions) I am on same med program from PM doc as I was right after surgery. I have had probs. up & down levels of pain and overall taking my meds as prescribed. I have days of intense pain and l get off program of taking meds as prescribed. Anyway I will be going to QME doc in a couple of weeks. The package they sent ( has every question about pain and how my day and nights are) I will be evaluated by a PM doc. I have never seen so many questions regarding meds, past health issues, daily living, etc. I know to be the most honest but I am afraid of screwing this thing up ! I know I am ranting and writing in no particular order as thats how my brain works ! I would appreciate any feedback on your experiences with ratings and answering the book of questions ... I dont want to short short change myself in my rating ! I am not looking at the money just want to be taken care of medically . I have no lawyer and so far its pretty smooth. Well enough out of me... Again any shared experiences would be appreciated !

• Mike,
    I take it you are a work comp injury? Depending on the state you live in will depend on your need for future medical care and the award of that. One thing for sure you want to make sure your pm doctor and your surgeon are on board with your need for future medical care. Actually the future medical care could far out weigh any monetary money. How knows how long you will need it or if your condition should get worse? The only thing I have to say is make yourself a copy of that so you can work from a copy. If you leave anything out You will have no problems adding it in. It sometimes difficult to think when the pain levels are so high. Just make sure you are honest and get all of it in on the questions. You should be fine. I have not done a QME so can't say quit sure how it goes. Have had several IME -independent medical exams. I think they are similar. Just be yourself and be honest. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • Thank You Tant for the reply... Yes it is work comp case. I live in CA. Boy have the laws have changed since 05. Anyway upon opening this package I was thrown back at the questions or I should say the amount and how deep the questions are ! It will take me a week to fill out HAH. ! My PM seems to be supportive however I have not seen surgeon in few months ? From my perception our meetings and or follow up are done. Even though I had questions whether he would want xrays on fusing ? He took xrays soon after surgery but thats been it. I question his assistant on this matter and its like they never been asked question beforte on fusion, say six months to a year down the road ? Anyway still full of anxiety with QME appt.Thats just my nature ! I will be honest and truthfull but u know how sometimes it can get twisted or turned against ya...Thats the negative part of me coming out ! Any more replies on AME or QME evaluations would be great. Thank you Again!