Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The Diet that Helped me!

araineaaraine Posts: 151
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
From taking Lyrica and from all the pain and depression I gained A LOT of weight. But I have noticed that I have done incredibly better with my weight, health, and pain by changing the way that I am eating and exercising.

I eat 6 times a day

Breakfast at 8:00am I eat one serving of cheerio cereal (1 Cup) with one serving of milk ( 1 Cup) also one cup of orange juice
Then at 10:00am I drink a low fat fruit smoothy mixed berries one serving
12:00pm I eat lunch, which consists of possibly a spinach wrap with chicken breast and one serving of mixed cheese (1/4 cup) with little mayonaise for taste...it's sort of bland. Some carrots or other vegetable, one serving of them. This isn't what I always eat, but I try to make healthier choices.
I drink only water during the day.
2:00pm I eat another snack, usually mixed fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, bananna, watermellon, grapes, ect.
Then I eat dinner at home whatever William cooks but I just lesson my portions. If you can't control what you are going to eat, eat only a serving size of it. Which typically is only one cup or less. Then for desert, I will eat another fruit or vegetable.

I have tried to cut out a lot of my BREAD products, although I get my fiber, that's one big carb and contributes to my weight. It's hard at first only eating the serving sizes, especially when I work in a factory that makes cupcakes, brownies, ect. I excersize DAILY, including gym, or I walk the dogs around the neighborhood. Sometimes I try to jog to bring up a sweat, but later I sometimes regret that. But this is my diet and I just really started doing this about, a week or so ago. And I have already LOST weight and FEEL GREAT! I also bought one a day chewable multivitamines to help my body get whatever else it needs.

• Araine -

Thanks for sharing that! My husband has put on a considerable amount of weight in the last 5 years or so. The one thing I keep telling him is PORTION CONTROL. He eats very fast, and huge portions and sometimes seconds! And don't even get me started on the soda pop! He argues that because it is DIET and SUGAR FREE that he can have all he wants. ? It's a good thing he went to college.

He gets very out of breath if he walks 50 feet. He even has sleep apnea, although it's never been diagnosed. I've just witnessed it on several occasions when I was awake in the wee hours of the night.

He kids me when I "nag" him, that I will be a rich woman when he dies. But really, I would rather he be with me. Besides, I would have to train another, and I am just way too tired for all that!

Well, YOU GO ARAINE! Keep up the good (awesome) work. I'll be here rooting you on!

This discussion has been closed.