Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One less screw?

alcbaalcb Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hmmmm that sounds like a REALLY bad movie title!! ;) Couldn't resist. :))( Anyway....I had 360 revision and after reading my OR notes (b/c they never tell you anything),I saw that there wasn't enough bone at L5 to put a screw back into. My nerve root was such a mess, and bone fragments kept getting into it, so they REALLY cleared the bone away & there wasn't enough left. So, I have (on my left-which is my bad side) a screw into the rod at L4 and then a screw into the rod at S1 and a screw at all levels on the right with a rod.

Has anyone had anything similar? I'm just worried about movement....I had minimal fusion after a year and a half at L5 & micro-movement caused a lot of trouble. Also, I worry about a partial vertebrae taking the total load of my spine? I go Thurs for my 6 wk check, but wanted to see if anyone had specific issues I need to ask about. Thanks!!

• Can't type...supposed to be 1 less screw!!! Yay vicodin!
  • ACLB -

I am so sorry to hear the latest. It seems like this is similar in a way to surgery one....not enough room to do what they needed to. I'm thinking about you and will be interested in hearing the answers you get to your questions.

• I'm hoping that it will work this time! I saw the surgeon today for my 6 week check. He's cautiously optimistic. He's looking into a bone growth stimulator to see if it would help. I hope things are getting better for Chris! I've been reading the threads and he's been through so much! I know it's been hard on you too. Makes me feel awful for even thinking about any complaints! Take Care!!