Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

question about pain ^ months post L5 S1 fusion

skyfoxsskyfox Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi I am new to this forum and had a question I hope someone has some insight on....I had a fusion of L5 S1 on 1-5-09 and have been healing pretty slowly, about a month ago I had a follow up appt with my surgeon who did an x-ray and said that my back was not as fused as he hoped it would be by that time...He also mentioned that it takes about a year to fully heal and find out how successful the surgery was..But for the last week or so I have been having very sharp and constant pain in my right groin area and into my thigh and when i bend over like after a shower to dry off my legs i get this sharp poking feeling in the lower left side of my lower back almost like a screw poking something...has anyone evr experienced anything like this?? I am due to see him again at the end of July but wonder if I should go in sooner?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Stephanie :-)

• Stephanie- call your surgeon and see if he can get you in for an xray. When in doubt call.
  • Hi stephanie.
    I had an ALIF on Dec 10th of 2007. My xrays did not show any fusing for about 10 months or so. I was pretty worried. I dont even know if I am fully fused yet since I can't get the doctor to do a another xray/ct scan. My surgeon is pretty lousy. They have since classified my surgery as "failed", I dont actually even know what that means. All I know is how I feel. My back is no better than before surgery, and my leg has perm nerve damage now, that happened during surgery. I can relate to the poking feelings and the groin pain, its not constant but does happen. I was beginning to think I was crazy! LOL Hang in there, I hope you heal 100%.