Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

wanting in!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Water Cooler
I'm scheduled to sign my consent form to release my med. docs to the doctors tomorrow! It's both exciting and terrifying all at the same time. My recruiter told me not to say anything until she seen my scar! A little on the big side, like eight inches unfortunately. She says a BIG reason they'd deny me is because I'd have medical for the rest of my life after serving...and this means paying for any potential future surgeries...and if it has to do with money...:-(

though my great-grandfather was in the Navy...he was a POW for a few years--shot in the head, though he survived...a plate was put in his head. He wanted to re-enlist but was denied NOT because of the plate in his head but because they no longer accepted colorblind individuals. I thought I was bummed out about my chances but I was talking with my grandma who told me how hurt he must have felt.

So...if this doesn't work out [though I want this so bad] I'm going to attend more school.

• My dad was a Gunners Mate in the Navy during WW2.

My hat's off to you for wanting this so badly!

I am forever grateful for those who have or will serve in our Armed Forces.

• I hope you get to live your dream of joining the Navy!

My son is in the Navy. He really likes it and it has been great for him. He loves his job and is lucky enough to be stationed in Hawaii. They work long, hard hours, have extra duty, plus PT(that could get you with your back sometimes) and training required often.I'm very proud of him!

I am thankful for and appreciate all of our military, past and present! Every job is very important and contributes to our freedom as a nation!

There are always civilian jobs just as important that you can do working along side the military. You have high ambitions and I wish you the best but remember if it doesn't work out you are still a fine person with good ambitions! Good luck!