Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 ACDF'c last year, now their talking about another surgery due to non fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had 2 ACDF's (6-19-08 & 10-27-08) C5-C7. Neuro advises me that neither fusion worked and now they want to go back in and take out failed hardware and replace it. Has anyone been through this? If so, can you tell me what to expect.
Thanks in advance.

• sorry- to hear about your non union, i had my second surgery in july 07 for a faled fusion, are they going to do anterior? or posterior? you may want to ask for a bone stimulator, if you have the surgery,my first was anterior and the second was anterior and posterior, it takes longer to recover from the posterior fusion, at least that was my ordeal. best of luck to you.
  • he is planning on anterior but he did tell me that when he went in he would have to look at scar tissue first, and determine if there was too much scar tissue or not. If not then he would continue in and attempt to remove the cages but he said there was no gaurantee that the cages would come out. if he runs into trouble with scar tissue or removing the cages he then will close me up and go for a posterior approach (he did warn about how much more painful that procedure is) and wire the vertebra together. praying for anterior to work. Is this similiar to what happened in your situation I see you had anterior and posterior on your second surgery.