Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

concerned about MRI report please help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
C3/4 developmentally slender canal. Mild canal stenosis.

C4/5 Bilateral uncovertebral hyertrophy. Developmentally slender canal. Minimal bilateral forminal stenosis w/ mild canal stenosis.

C5/6 Broad based right paracentral/right foraminal disk ostephyte complex w/ associated bilateal uncovertebral hypertrophy. Developmentally slender canal. At least mild-moderated to moderate rightward canal stenosis. Severe right foraminal stenosis with mild left foraminal stenosis.

Focal high T2 signal with the pons which is not fully evaluated and MRI brain with and without contrast recommended
(i dont understand this)

Multilevel degenerative changes most pronounced at C5/6
Malaligment of the cervical spine.

i have been in alot of pain with severe muscle spasms going down the right side of shoulder, arm and into fingers. my neck swelled and i have been waiting on a nero consult for 3 weeks. i was given predisone(uck) for 2 weeks and it helped with the swelling I am on painkillers and muscle relaxers(i do not want to be on this forever). someone please advise me. i am uninsured and trying to be patient with the system.

• Dawn,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. We are not Doctors here and cannot read MRI's. However, what you could be doing is using the search function at the top of the page and researching these terms. The key words you need to look up is stenosis, foraminal stenosis and canal stenosis be sure to put cervical in the search function. This way you will kind of understand what is going on.

Do you have any pain into your arms and or hands? If so this is called radicular pain meaning it is radiating from the nerve compressions in the neck. The predisone will help break down some of the inflammation. although my experience it doesn't last long for relief. Now the line you don't understand I don't either never seen that come up on a MRI report.

Another thing you may want to do is look under the FAQ section at the top of the page. Near the bottom of the page is a link to "preparing to meet with a spine surgeon" and a "list of 38 questions to ask a surgeon." This doesn't mean that your having surgery, but your prepared in case that is what is said and or you know the options your looking at when and if they come up.

I am not at all sure how things work when you are uninsured, but i'm sure they are very slow. You may want to post anything regarding that in the insurance section. You may find others in the same situation as yourself. Not hard these days to be uninsured.

Anyway welcome to spine-health and look forward to reading more of your post and how you do with the surgeon in 3 weeks. Take care and if I can ever help in anyway don't hesitate to pm me.
  • I can tell you a little because I've been on every drug for the spine possible. I have had 3 surgeries too. The steroids are a quicker way to reduce inflammation. If the inflammation calms down then pain will be lower. After my round of steroids I switched to anti inflammatories to keep the inflammation down. Aleve or Motrin 2 every 4 hours. Stenosis means Narrowing. disk ostephyte means a bone spur. Exercising the inflammed area reduces inflammation too. How I accomplished this was by swimming. Get the painful areas under the water and move the limb attached to the pain area. I have no pain in the water. I also got those heat wraps at the pharmacy and wore them they last 8 hours to keep the painful areas from tightening up.
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • Sounds like you have a tinge of cervical stenosis from C3-7 and at c56 the stenosis is made worsse by a spur and more DDD. Sounds like your on your way to an ACDF at that level.

Tam advice is good but i think i just gave you what you wanted.

The malalignment of the spine likely relates to long standing DDD and disc height collapse with reversal of the cervical curve. Pretty normal with this disease presentation and the lesion in your Pons needs to be looked at with a brain MRI to make sure its real and not artifactual since it is occuring at a junctional level of the magnet. Get it looked at.