Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm starting to think I have Fibromyalgia

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Fibromyalgia
If anyone could give me the locations of their pain and what it feels like, it might help me to see if this is what I've been dealing with.

Basically 2 years ago something in my shoulder snapped like a rubber band when I was leaning on my left arm. It got tenser and tighter over time, eventually moving up to my head causing headaches and down my arm. Along with this came tingling/burning, and even what seems like snapping/popping tendons.

Doctors assumed a disc herniation, but all tests said nothing was wrong, from EMG's to MRI's and X-Ray's and a Myleogram. My muscles from my head down to my hand, and even lower back to my foot (Left side mostly) just gets so tight and burning it's excruciating.

• have you got a recent cervical MRI? TOS?
  • Fibromyalgia pain is more like...all over body pain. I don't recall bumping into anyone online who's ever experienced it in a single limb.

For me, the fibro pain is varying degrees. Sometimes it's skin surface - and feels a lot like putting a tight rubber band around your finger. You know how it feels. The longer you keep the rubber band on, the pain gets more intense. Except - it's all over. Worse days, it feels like it's beyond the skin surface and into the muscle. Even worse, it's clear to the bone kind of pain. Sometimes it mimics the feeling of novacaine from dental work wearing off. totally gross and painful.

Fibro does come with the burning you described too. Hell, at least I think it does. I find it hard to tell if it's Fibro or my cervical issues causing such grief.