Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Time for new posts, calling all insomniac buddies!

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Sleep Problems
good morning and sleep well if you are dozing away!! (|: this week has been a rough one for several of us and a relaxing weekend is sounds so good to me!! :D i am saying good night to Ferdinand and Noser and all my four legged friends(goats included!) :D as well as all the dear friends, Jeanette, Jay, Kate, and all other sleeping spineys.. i hope you are all dreaming sweet dreams tonight!!! I) Jenny :>

• Still awake on this side of the world, although not for much longer. Going to call it an early night if I can.

Hope you are feeling better.

• Hello all, still somewhat awake, and have been for months! Even after the Ambian, Restiril, and Tylenal PM! Is one night too hard to ask of a peacful, unpainful, night of sleep?
  • I guess it is a good day to snuggle up in bed and watch old movies, it is raining.... We really needed the rain, Iam just soooo happy I don't have to water today, that's all I seem to do lately.
    I had a very upsetting evening, I went out to bottle feed my baby pygmy's that were born on Memorial day and the smallest one was dead. I can't believe how upset I was, Iam used to animals dying being an owner of so many but for some reason losing this little guy broke my heart. My husband wasn't home, he was at his 2nd job so I had to dispose of him myself and that was hard. It hadn't been raining yet the ground was so hard I couldn't dig a hole because of my upper body strength is nile and so that just made things worse.I know it sounds silly but it really was horrible for me not being able to dig that hole.Anyways my hubby got home and went out in the dark with a flashlight and took care of it for me.
    Jenny, how are you feeling??? Getting better day by day I hope. You'll be up and around in no time....
    Wishing a wonderful day to you all, Iam going to go find a old movie, lots of warm blankets, get my little snuggle dog and go to bed....
  • Hello everyone! A new thread, how fun! :D

Sorry to hear sleep is hard, I'm finding that I cannot get enough. I hate taking meds! Anyway, I hope that things settle down for everyone, a good quiet weekend would be wonderful for all!

Gosh, Jeanette, is that two of the four little guys? How sad, I'm sorry you've lost another of your new family members!!

Jenny, maybe this will help you out, Noser says hi!

Spiney hugs for all :hug:
  • hi all!!! :H i am listening to the "oldies" and have Sirius here next to me.. (|: jay, i really think the two would get along great! :X Noser is one handsome doggie!! :D Jeanette, really sorry for the loss of your littlest friend!! :''( hold him tight in your memories.. so we are all having trouble sleeping and have tried lots of sleep medications.. don't forget "magnesium" and "melatonin." :? you may get atleast a few hours sleep with them.. and when the meds fail, do as Jeanette is.. get warm and cozy with an old movie or book!! (|: sweet dreams to all!! hang in there araine!! ~X( Jenny :)
  • Actually it was 2 out of 3 that died. Iam just not sure why. Those things happen though, thank you all for your concern, it really hit me hard losing this alst little one, I became attached because I was bottle feeding him.
    Jay, you dog is beautiful.... Jenny, when do we get to see a picture of Sirius???
    I now wish for warm sunshine, it has been raining and cold long enough for me, things to do outside ya know...
    I hope everyone a wonderful weekend and lots of sleep...
  • good morning! :H 1:11 on my clock and it is quiet as can be outside.. (|: i know some of you are getting rain and more rain.. ~X( i am going to post some pictures of Sirius when i learn to work my digital camera. Jay, are you up for it?? :? thinking of sleep and wish the sleep fairy would drop by my house!! I) is everyone asleep tonight? here is sleep dust for those of you waiting to go to dreamland.. I) Jenny :)
  • Hiya, Jenny, looks like I missed you by a half hour or so... Hopefully you've made it to sleep! I just looked out & looks like we got some more rain overnight; it was warm all day yesterday but cloudy all day! You just let me know when you're ready, Jenny & we'll have Sirius up in all his glory! :)
  • Jay, i think the first step is to capture her on a digital camera and go from there!! :D hehehe i have one but have never worked it!! =)) soon, now for sure i will get that going!! Thank YOU!! =D> well, i am still wide awake!! ummmmmm! i am getting tired though!! (|: L, Jenny
  • Glad to hear you're gettin' tired, that's a good first step! :) Hope you're able to get that elusive sleep!!

I'm gonna head up after a bit and get ready for work. Ugh, I can't believe it's time to go back already!!

And yes, I guess it does help actually taking the picture! =)) :))(

• Jay, ok don't tease me now!! =)) i will get the picture thing down!! :D take it easy at work.. we need you around here!! >:D< smiles, :D Jenny :)
  • Hello all spine friends,

Jeanette I am sorry you lost one of you baby goats you have been feeding. :( it 4:45 am my time and I hope the rest of you are sleeping I) Jenny please let me know if you are feeling better, I hope you are getting stronger each day. hugs to all my spiney friends. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

• this thread has focused mostly on sleep, {or lack of} and animals. Here's a true animal story that might help put you to sleep.
    years ago early in the morning while driving to work i spotted a dead cat that looked like mine on the side of the road. i pulled over and placed her in my car and we rode back to my home. i said some prayers and laid her to rest. When i returned from work i saw a cat at my door. low and behold it was my very own cat!!! I had buried the first cousin. Sometimes saying a prayer works. }:) }:) }:)

• pete81241, thank you for the great animal story.. :X you are more than welcome to talk about whatever you like... =D> we move around on topics and try to get to know each other alittle bit. being up all night can make one feel very alone and so knowing someone just a little bit can sure make that feel better.. :D we all live in some neat places, love animals and baseball and photography among other things!! what do you like to do? :? sleep well! (|: Jenny :)
  • Hiya Pete, yes the power of prayer is amazing sometimes, isn't it? What a pleasant surprise when your cat came home! I love my animals, they're a much a part of the family as my kids. Welcome to the "middle of the night" gang :)
  • Iam so happy Jenny is back, our little gang wasn't the same without her, it is also nice to welcome new people and learn about they're adventures as well...
    Still no hot, warm weather here, my husband thought I was nuts last night he came to bed and I had my electric blanket on the bed again... LOL The weather man says it is on it's way though, can't wait!!!
    I can't belive it but I have been sleeping all night, well atleast from 11pm to 530 or 6 am.
    ( Knock on wood)I guess I have been trying really hard not to nap during the day and staying busy enough that I sleep at night for now....(can I still be apart of the night time gang though???)
    Jay hope your day at work goes well, I really do miss those days of getting out of the house, I know Iam crazy, but I really did love my job!!!!
  • thanks for the welcome. there's been many a night jenny that i've seen you on line. i hope youre feeling better after your troubles. Youve given me a lot of good wishes since i signed on three weeks ago.
    About me. 67 yrs. young. retired/disabled. used to love sports but had to give it up 10 yrs ago. 40 yrs back/leg/neck pain. love animals. i have a great cat that's my best pain killer. i have two daughters in their 20s and a beautiful wife who just went from size 14 to size 6! Don't do much now. i live on cape cod in mass. it's peaceful here. all kinds of birds and animals. i'm on a small pond and i go in the water now and then for a 10ft.swim. I used to have a 20ft boat that i took out in the ocean for fishing. I love this site and hope i can help a bunch of people here.
    oh...jay how do i get a picture under my user name?
    love your picture of sirius. I used to be in typesetting business and we did some photo conversion work for print so i know just a bit about photos
    There will be many a night you'll see me up.
    Jeanette.. so sorry for you losses. Thinking of you.
    Well i'm back to watching US open golf tournament so hang in there guys
  • i don't ever feel at rest until i have checked in to see who is up or out!! :? LOL! having a small network of "spineys" to sound off to has given me a peace of mind i have not had before. :D it is so great to know that out in the world, there are people who care and have concern not only for each other but for me!!! :X now that is special!!! :D Jeanette, i think if you really look at yourself, you will find one hard worker!! your home can't look that good without a hand from you!! no wonder you are sleeping so well! =D> pete, how wonderful to live on Cape Cod. that is a picture of Jay's "Noser." i have yet to get Sirius up there.. :O so you are an animal lover as well? i live next to the ocean and love to walk on the bay down here. :H golf is on here as well!! talk about raining! i may nap alittle now and see you all later!! (|: sleep tight! Jenny :)
  • Hi All,

Hi Pete welcome to the gang. Jeanette of course you can still be apart of the gang. Jenny it is great to see you posting again. Jenny I hope this means you are healing, feeling stronger, and getting better. jay I have some pics of my cats I would like you to post in our sleep forum for all of you to see my babies. Well my spiney friends hope the rest of you are sleeping I) I am going to chronic pain group today at a local hospital in the valley where I live. gentle >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< to all.

Kate >:D<
  • baseball, i would love to see your kitties up on the forum.. <:P we have had goats and dogs, why not cats?? :D enjoy your meeting today! <:P everyone sleep tight! I) i am going to disappear into the Soprano reruns for awhile! :D Jenny :)
  • I tried to lay down about 3 or 4 times now and when I do my neck aches soooo bad I can't just lay there... It hurts to be up moving also, so this will be short. I just don't know what to do when it gets this bad. If anyone has any ideas please tell... I took my nightly "cocktail" of oxy, soma and nuerotin and it doesn't touch it tonight ~X( ~X( ~X( ...sorry to complain but I know you guys understand and besides everyone here is asleep.
    Hope everyone else is having a better night than I....
    Hugs to all my somniacs >:D<
  • Kate just shoot me an email with the pictures, I'll get 'em ready for you to post!

Jeanette, only thing I can think of is to try a recliner or maybe something like a memory pillow. Even better, I think, is one of the "bean" pillows. I absolutely love to recline with one of those bean filled pillows!

Spiney hugs for you all!! :hug: :hug:
  • Hi All,

Jeanette sorry you can't sleep it 4;25 am and I haven't slept at all tonight. Can't get comfortable and I have a lot on my mind. Jay will work on sending you the pics. Hope all has a nice day. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< gentle to all my spiney friends.

• good morning!! :H ummm Jeanette! i love to just get cozy in my bed but i don't have neck problems!!! i say what about a really cold cloth around your neck? or maybe a warm one? :? either way a washcloth is always soothing to me..better luck tonight getting some shut eye. I) i see several of you were wandering the halls last night! ~X( Kate, how are you feeling? sorry you could not sleep.. (|: i know i will be awake tonight.. :D am going to try and relax and read some.. sometimes i go right out with a book. I) i know you have some of those!! LOL! can't wait to see your pics!! =D> sleep well tonght everyone!! :D Jenny :)
  • OK! 1:22 and i just woke up from a nap!! =D> now ya'll must be sleeping tonight!! =D> that makes me happy!! is anyone awake out there? :? sleep well my fellow spineys!! :D lots of hugs,,, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi All,

Just wanted to check in with everybody. I didn't get to sleep until 8 am this morning. So I probably won't sleep tonight. Bought a bunch a books to read and listening to a baseball game on the radio. Jenny are you feeling better/stronger each day. Hugs to all my spiney friends. i just want to let you know you are special to me and loved.

• Hmm, I may need to join, but am I allowed? :p I've only had my insomnia back (I was free for about 2 months) the last 4 nights, every other night, guess I'm exhausted enough after one night, I just pass out the next... if I don't sleep tonight, can I join? =)) =)) :?
  • youre up and at em. me too. talking about kats...my cat brought in a poor rabbit and dropped it at my feet knowing i couldn't pick it up! it's the only time i swore at him.
    how you all doin?
  • good morning!! :H past 1:30 and i am still awake.. :D had a dream about a bunny or was i just reading a post about bunnies!!! =)) can't tell now.. Whyme, drop by anytime!! wanting to join us is the only requirement.. :D i don't know if i have been awake or asleep? =)) HELP!!! take it away my fellow sleepless sufferers!! :D Jenny :)
  • We always enjoy new people and to hear they're stories about pain, problems, animals, flowers.... we love to hear it all.
    Kate, your very special to all of us, I look forward to looking every day to see what everyone is up to, I also know that I can always count on the people here, we are unfortunately all in the same situation one way or another so we all know how to comfort eachother...
    Hope everyone is well, have a good weekend!