Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dynesys - 8 months post-op and counting...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi guys, I wrote on this forum over 8 months ago when I was due to undergo Dynesys at L4/L5/S1.

I just wanted to write to say that I am doing OK and everything seems to be doing what it said on the tin!!

Having said that, I have to be honest and say that my recovery has been no picnic - I've suffered a number of relapses due to purely trying to do too much, and these have set me back. But I'm getting there - I continue to do some form of exercise every day otherwise I notice the difference.

For those of you out there contemplating an op - all I can say is do your homework and ask lots of questions about i) what's wrong with you ii) the solution/op being offered and iii) the surgeon. It important also to be realistic about recovery i.e. time and effort involved - one surgeon told me I'd be back at work within 6 weeks, yeh right!

I was very, very scared beforehand (as most of us are, worrying about the slightest thing) but I can honestly say that whilst it's not been an easy journey, and it's clearly not over yet, it has been worth it.

I do hope this helps someone out there!! Stay strong guys.

• Kelster-

Glad to here that dysnes worked out for you. I had the same op done on L5/S1 just over a year ago and I had to have a complete redo done to include total fusion due to the fact that it did not work for me. So once again im glad to see that it worked out for you.

• hi everyone ,ihad dynesis 5 yrs ago and to this day i have not had any major problems,yes i get a bit of back pain,but its not enough to get me taking those horrible pain killers again,i allways rest after work,at least half an hour laying on my bed,i put hot water bottles on my back to help the occasional aches and pains.i work as a storeman /forktruck driver so i do a bit of lifting,and other than have to stop doing sport ,i live a normal life ,every few months if im feeling very stiff etc,i visit my physio and after a few sessions it seems to do me a bit of good,the only thing is that you still get worried from time to time,even after this long that your back may give out again,but as the years go on i wonder if you could call this succesful,if i take it easy ,no pain,but you still go around watching everyone else running jumping around without a care in the world thinking i just wish i could do that ,but theres no way you can or ever will again.so i wish you all a pain free life and good health.ps just wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel,good luck to you all, jer
  • you are doing so well after 5 years - that is awesome and encouraging for a guy headed in for a TLIF on 24 Aug. I tried to fight the pain for about a year, but it just got the best of me. Glad you are doing well. Atb, Mike