Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Read this book, its changed me forever!

froggyrn1ffroggyrn1 Posts: 90
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Depression and Coping
HI all my spinies!
I haven't been in here in a long time, but I haven't forgotten how much love and support I got from this site and all the wonderful people here. I've been doing so much better on this journey, and if I can help even one other person by sharing what helped me I'd feel like at least I could give something back!
After my first surgery in June '08, I was in such a bad place, and I really could not see my way out of it.
I had another surgery in April this year, and physically I'm still in a lot of pain.
..But the book that has completely changed my entire outlook on everything and has improved my life SO MUCH is Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose".
Seriously, read it! Or LISTEN to him on Youtube. I know that if I were still where I was about 8 months ago, I'd be skeptical. But if you're anywhere near as sick of being in your body as much as I was, this might help!!
Wishing you all the best of luck!!! >:D<

• Yeah, my wife read this book and she says the same thing. It really helped her to not worry about everything as much and live more in the present. I think without this book and a few other things she would be nowhere as happy as she is now. Living with someone in chronic pain and having to pick up all the slack associated with this can be very stressfull and I am amazed how well she deals with things now.

I have not read it and I often hear from her that I should, although I know the main points of the book from her and it sounds like really good stuff. Hope you are doing well and good to see you posting on here. Take care...........Mitch
  • Hey there Mitch!
    I'm so happy to hear that your wife is happier and dealing with the situation as well as she is...that's really great! :)))
    Seriously...READ IT! I'm even re-reading it, because every time I pick it up I hear something I need to hear. Plus, its helped with my relationship soooo much (not that you need help w yours..lol!) But its amazing how Jeff and I are connecting in a totally different way than before, and I deal with my pain so much differently now, too. Its awesome! Honestly, I feel like I just woke up; every part of my life has been affected for the better... I cannot recommend anything more than this book.
    ..but a close 2nd is Pilates for the physical pain/strengthening ;)
    Good to hear from you Mitch!! :D

• I often say that I am a much better person and in some ways more content and happier having to face and deal with chronic pain. This is saying a lot because it can be so severe at times and my mobility is so limited.

And yes, I will read the book.....I will read it and pass it on to a friend. My wife and I have a great relationship, but I'm sure this book will help deal with the lows of dealing with pain.
  • Hi,
    My son has read this book and read it again,I have read many parts.
    I do give my thumbs up to this book.
    caring thoughts to all...Patsy