Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Continued stimulation after scs turned off!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Pain Management
Just checking to see if anyone has experienced continued stimulation after turning off scs? I'm on my third surgery, last surgery they implanted a tripole paddle lead. I spoke with the rep, she checked the system and said it was working fine. I'm starting to doubt her. If I shut it off and move my head foward like looking at the ground, I can feel the current moving to my feet. Any feedback would be great!!

• I guess it is possible the unit is not switching off? Have you tried playing with the setting via the remote to see if you can ascertain it is actually still running after you shut it off?

There is also the possibility you are feeling the Afterbuzz! It is a simple fact of life that we sometimes continue to feel the buzz after the SCS is turned off. Just our nerves playing tricks on us.

I'd either get with the rep ASAP to find out what is REALLY going on, or if that option is not immediatly possible, try turning it completely down, then turning it off.

Let us knwo what you find out. Hope you get an answer soon!

Welcome to Spine-Health!
  • Unlike some of the others, I DO NOT feel ANY stimulation once the SCS is turned off. It is instantly off and a very sobering experience for me.

You may be experiencing the lead touching the nerve root when you bend like that.

• I should add, I very rarely observe the phenom of after buzz. Usually as C states when it is off the sensation is GONE.
  • I get afterbuzz every time I turn off my SCS, but it doesn't move from one location to another like you're describing. For me, the afterbuzz always stays exactly where the stimulation was prior to turning the unit off. It also doesn't do the things "normal" stimulation does, like get stronger with a sneeze or make any positional changes.
  • I don't experience this phenomenon either though I do find the very immediate sensation of turing off my SCS to be a very pleasant one. I do not feel the vibration and after a couple of seconds, the pleasant sensation is gone