Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

suspicious fever

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had my surgery a little over a month ago... for the past 3 days, had horrible diarrhea and now I have a low grade fever. I called the nurse today, but she won't get back to me until she gets to work tomorrow. Should I take something for the fever or let it go... It obviously means something is not right in my body. IF i take something, it will take the fever away. Then people will think I am nuts... I hate when physicians think you are faking it. I feel like absolute garbage right now and I feel like my head is on fire. I can feel the heat coming off of me. what should I do?

Thanks,
Steph
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I know what you mean byt a fever and if its the same as i had your putting it mildly....i had a fusion of the spinous processes with bmp....and i had feeling of being really hot in lower back, infact it wasnt just the lower back it was the whole body, feeling like i was on fire but as i had a bad back for years i am used to the feeling of inflamation so anyway I was with an orthapedic surgeon at our local hospital because having alot of weakness into the legs[thats another story , but he thinks the bmp might have overgrown]...but whilst there he decised to do some bloods on me, he hadnt got a clinic that day because he was in theatre but agreed to see me.btu whilst i was there he decided that he wanted bloods done, so i had them done and went home, the hospital rang me to tell me to come straight over, they had hought i had a clot, the inflamation was awful and i still experience it, and its really hard to explain it properly the feeling....and leaves you feeling really tired and like youve just done a round with mike tyson lol.

If I were you I would have some bloods done, your situation might not be the same as mine, but it does sound very similar, explain to the doctor what your experiencing.....take care and let me know how you get on!
  • There is a bug going around in the Southeast. Perhaps that's all it is.
  • Hi Steph,

My first thought was that there are many things which can cause a fever and your recent surgery may not have anything to do with it. Not that having a fever is trivial, but if you don't have new pain in the surgical area that corresponds to this fever I would assume you've got a bug of some kind which probably has nothing to do with your surgery. Since your body is under stress from recent surgery you're immune system may not be as strong as it usually is and you'll likely pick up infections more easily, at least that's the way it works with me.

Hope you're better soon. :)
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled