Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am in so much pain.

krazyangelkkrazyangel Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello everyone. I tell you today has not been a good day. I should say this weekend was bad. I am hurting so bad in my lower back and tailbone. The pain is running down my left leg. I am on percets and they arent not helping at all. I am goin to have to call my Dr. tomorrow cause I cant deal with this pain til next appointment. That is not til July 14. I have tried sitting, standing, and laying down and nothing is helping. I have try so many pillows to under my leg and between my legs. I am at the point I dont know what to do. I hope you all have a great day/night. Hope to hear from you all. Thanks krazyangel

• Are you on lyrica or neurontoin for nerve pain? Narcotics take away general pain but don't completely cover nerve pain. Try ice/heat for your leg and back. Make an appt. with your Dr about getting nerve pain meds and antiinflammatories and muscle relaxers. I'm not a Dr. but I take other meds besides regular pain relievers. Good luck and take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Didn't you have surgery recently? If so, you don't want to take antiiinflamitories. You can go to er, they might give you an injection. If you did have surgery recently be sure and mention that in your post. I hope you get the help and relief that you need, being in pain like that is horrible. Best of luck to you.
    Please let us know how you are doing.
  • I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Is there a chance that you can move your appt up? July 14th is too long of a wait. Ask if there are any cancellations so that you can take the opening that comes up. Remember what PapaRon says, if the pain is too much (around 8 and up) you should get treated at the hospital. We certainly don't want you to be suffering this way, and the sooner the pain comes down the better. Take care and I hope you get relief right away >:D<
  • gabapentin or lyrica .for me it was the worst thing i put on 3 stone in 6 months and things got so bad i was in urinary retention and the pain was so bad .my legs were like balloon's {with fluid} and i could hardly breath! as soon as i stopped them the water went away but i am still over weight .i am on oxycontin for the pain now and i use a high powered TENS as well
  • Do you know anyone with a pool? My pain is a zero in the water. just have the hurting area under the water and walk to reduce the inflammation. If you are not about to have surgery yet you can take anti inflams. If you had a fusion your not suppose to take them. that will take some pain away. :) good luck
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
This discussion has been closed.