Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New To Site

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
My husband found this site for me last night; While I'm sorry that we all have to be here, I'm grateful that there is a place we can find understanding and support.
I have had two failed back surgeries, the first in '97,
the second fourteen months later (an attempt to correct the first mistake.) Lower lumbar: L4, L5, S1 with front and back(own)fusion with implementation.
--I was on pain meds. following the surgeries (oxycontin, vicodin, soma) until I received my morphine pump in 2000.
--Included in the pump are baclofen and clonidine; I am having the clonidine removed from the concentration because it is causing major tooth loss. I'd like everyone to know that clonidine can, and often does, cause a change in saliva composition that leads to excessive dry mouth, thereby causing teeth to decay. It can take years (in my case seven) for this to be noticeable, unfortunately.
--I also have severe muscle tightening/spasms, that are treated with trigger point and Botox injections.
I received some tp shots today and really can't sit here much longer.
--I just wanted to introduce myself tonight. Thanks for reading my story.

• Thanks for the info on clonidine. I hope the trigger point injections and botox help. I had 8 weeks of 8 injections of trigger points and know it elongates the muscle to stop the muscle spasms from referred pain. I hope the botox works for you. This has been a helpful forum for me since I joined last year. I hope you get some relief from the botox. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi and Welcome! Wow, 2 failed, that's rough. ~X( I can't begin to know what you go through, but you will find a lot of support here, and others that have similar experiences to share. We are all here for you, if you ever need to vent X( or even (cross fingers), tell us how good you are doing! <:P

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad your husband found us and you are going to hang around for abit!! =D> sorry to hear about the side effects you are experiencing!! :( i do not have a pump, but several "spineys" do and find they work well for them.. :D please drop by anytime!! =D> Jenny :)
  • hi!! error!! ~X( Jenny :)
  • Rofl lulu, err, Jenny =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • ...for the welcome replies. I have not had a chance to return to the site until now. I'd like to spend some time fiding my way around. :)

• my name is pete...i've been a member for about 3 weeks and have found the site excellent. what you need you can obtain here whether its info or love and support, understanding or just someone like yourself to chat with. i'm a fellow sufferer and would be happy to chat with you anytime so I will be looking forward to OUR helping each other grin and bare ouR situations....hang in there. i said something yesterday that bares repeating....HOPE IS CONTAGIOUS
  • I'm really glad to find this site - I was feeling really sorry for myself until I started reading the other posts & what many of you have been through. I had C-5 C6/7 anterior cervical fusion with plates & pins on June 16 & am wearing the Aspen hard collar which is driving me nuts. I'm having trouble sleeping & with depression. I don't like feeling this way. Don't know what I'd do without my husband who has been wonderful.

So glad to find you all.
  • and welcome to you steff! Don't ever feel bad about feeling sorry for yourself, you have every right! Just don't let it drag you down the pit so far you can't get out!! If you have questions, or need to vent, don't be afraid to post a thread!

• Thanks for the words of encouragement. It has been so nice to find this site.
  • Welcome to SH :H Sorry it took me a while to find your post. Sounds like we have a lot in common too- the two back surgeries I had didn't relieve the pain either and I suffered complications. I also have severe problems in L4-S1. I will be having a "morphine" pump =)) implanted permanently in a couple of weeks. :D

Thanks for letting us know about Clonodine. Much of the information like that we have to find out for ourselves, and that's why I love belonging to this community. Everybody is so nice and very supportive, and you will fit in really fast.

Please keep us posted on how you're doing, and I look forward to getting to know you. Take care O:)
  • I am new to this site as of today. Had two large synovial cyst removed from spinal canal on May 2nd with fusion of l4-5 with cage,rods,and screws. Thought was recovering according to schedule, was only prescribed 5/325 percocet not even muscle relaxers and 3 wks ago he asked how I thought I was doing and I made the mistake of saying I believed I was 80% improved so he reduced my medication from percocet to Ultram and all of a sudden I cant bear to lay down as can't get up. Am in so much pain I can't stand it he finally agreed to change med to tyleneol #3's. I can't sleep cant lay down do nothing but sit and cry and can't get anyone to take me seriously. I am loosing it.... Tinap
  • tinap, hi and welcome to the forum. :H a thread is a continuing post.. simple.... just what we do here when you post under someone's post. :D glad you stopped by.. good luck as you search for pain relief.. Jenny :)