Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No sleep last night

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Sleep Problems
After having a bad reaction to Effexor at around 2:45 yesterday afternoon, I spent 4 hours with my daughter laughing/worrying about how wired I was. I was absolutely manic. I finally started yawning around 7pm, so I thought it was over, then a half hour later I'm wired again. Tried to lay down several times, only tossed and turned. ~X(

I've never had such a reaction to any drug before.... (|:

Now I get to try another new drug tonight, hope it doesn't do the same thing, It'll be just like old times when I went days with no to only a few hours sleep a night. :''(

• Hi all, I'm Cindy 53, Simi Valley, Homeless due to SSI and their inability to understand chronic pain fibromyalgia and all the other crap we all deal with every second. Sometimes I feel like I just want to lie down and let go. But alas life, kids and hope keep me alive. Prey.. and please send me a dentist and a home for my rotti and my sig other....
    Love ya all sufferers... Cindy Jean
  • cinders56, here is my hand reaching out with hope and success in getting your basic needs met!! >:D< you can have my shoulder to put your head on and rest for a few moments.. :D if only, huh? please be guided by your faith and know you have a family here at SH.. :D all the best, Jenny :)
  • I never took Effexor but I know of someone who did, and she had the same reaction. In some people it causes them to go "manic" and they feel super energetic. It's hard to say if the Effexor is reacting with your other meds, but it's best to call a pharmacist since they have the expertise to answer that sort of question. Take care and I hope you catch some ZZZZzzzz... I)
  • did i read you right?your homeless?? OMG you poor things .i carnt imagine anything worse than being in the kind of pain that i am in and not having the home comforts that i have ...i could not cope .{i was home less when i was 17 ..that was tough but i was a young fit man than .. i was homeless due to my parents divorce and alcohols in the family not me i dont drink..} i am so sorry for you i dont know what to say only no one should be homeless especially when they are ill ..
  • i was worried about you and i'm happy now you are back. hope you feel much better tomorrow
  • Whyme, how are you doing? :? are you adjusting to the new med? :D i hope you are catching alittle sleep!! I) Yawning!!!! (|: Jenny :)